I had the Note 3 before upgrading to the Note 4. When I put my SD card into the Note 4 & started looking at pics & videos, everything looks blown up, grainy even pixelated.

Does this have to do with the Note 4 having a much higher resolution screen? I've played around with the display settings and still everything looks off.

However, everything else looks sharp, vivid and crisp. The screen is a lot better than on my Note 3 when reading texts, books, browsing the internet and using apps, but I've noticed that even pics & video within apps looks blurry and pixelated.

I've also noticed when watching video of 720p on Youtube or Vevo that the images look pixelated even blurry at times.

Any suggestions? I'm about to go back to my Note 3 if the problem persists.
    11-04-2014 11:24 AM
    take it to your nearest store and show them the problem. what you are describing isn't normal. Off the top of my head, I can't think of the root cause, but a tech at your store should be able to resolve it.
    11-04-2014 11:34 AM
    Umm...that's odd. Are your pictures too low res? I haven't had any issues with mine and images look pretty good. YouTube does have a bug that might not let you select any resolution above 720p, but even then, the image looks very good. For some (myself included) clearing Cache and Data from the YouTube app clears the issue and lets you select 1080p (I haven't been successful in getting it to let me select up to 2K resolution, so not sure if it's even possible on mobile).
    11-04-2014 11:42 AM
    Thank you, I'm thinking that's the only option I have at this time, I've tried everything else.
    11-04-2014 11:55 AM
    Some of my pictures might be too low res, and that's why I thought they looked grainy or pixelated on the Hi-Res screen. However, I have photos on there that were taken with the camera on the Note 3 and even those look out of focus or pixelated. Just really confusing and disappointing.
    11-04-2014 12:00 PM
    Well, the Note 3 did take a lot of out of focus pictures in low light or moving subjects hehe
    But yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. Unless you took the picture at like less than 3MP (which the Note 3 can't do natively), the pictures have more pixels in them than the Note 4's screen... so that's not it.

Are you sure you don't have some sort of battery-saving feature turned on that could make this happen?
    11-04-2014 12:35 PM