I went into my Verizon store the other day to compare the few phones that I was interested in with the Note 4 being my top contender (followed by the Droid Turbo). Once I was able to get the store employee to bring me a pen to test out I was extremely disappointed by how badly the S pen functioned. It required significant pressure to get the pen to write in the notes app and a lot of the S pen apps required multiple attempt to launch. I'm curious if the S pen is really that bad or if I just got a bad store model or the S pen wan't synced with it properly? Seriously it felt like using a pen/tablet from the 90s bad. I love the split window multitasking of the Note 4 and really was looking forward to this phone but now I'm not so sure.
    11-04-2014 11:37 AM
    Go to another store and check it out. The S-Pen barely requires any pressure to register a pen stroke. It's smooth and fluid for me when writing. I don't use it a lot, mainly for a grocery list and stuff like that, but I never find myself having to apply anything other than normal pressure to write.
    Fa11ou7 likes this.
    11-04-2014 11:47 AM
    lt's great. Very sensitive. Just don't tell it it's not a real pen, that tends to make it cry (a little too sensitive at times).

Seriously, you tested a defective one.
    Fa11ou7 likes this.
    11-04-2014 02:55 PM
    I'd say check out a couple of other demos. I've been impressed with how much using the S-Pen is like normal writing, in my experience so far. It even imitates the normal writing "drags" of the pen that I would do with a fountain pen or ink pen on a regular piece of paper.

Initiating actions with the pen is really easy, too.

Chalk it up to a used and abused demo, or one in need of a reset in the store. Try out a couple more and see.
    Fa11ou7 likes this.
    11-04-2014 02:59 PM
    Thanks guys, I'm going to swing by Costco tomorrow and see what kind of bundle deals they are running.
    11-04-2014 10:03 PM
    I find myself using it a lot like a mouse. Works great for that.

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 ™
    Fa11ou7 likes this.
    11-05-2014 05:25 PM

Yes, the hover actions without touching the screen are useful (scroll up/down, preview website links, zoom action with double tap/hold/side, dictionary lookup, multi-select).
    Fa11ou7 likes this.
    11-05-2014 05:39 PM

Yes, the hover actions without touching the screen are useful (scroll up/down, preview website links, zoom action with double tap/hold/side, dictionary lookup, multi-select).
    Awesome, I am getting more and more excited for this phone, can't wait for mine to be delivered. I ordered it through Costco for the no restocking fee and accessory pack (just a car mount and charger). I also just today and really like the 'hidden' features that he highlighted.
    11-10-2014 04:52 PM
    Just a quick update for anyone that comes across this,

I did end up getting a Note 4 and it is lightning fast even with all the 'Bloatware' and the S-Pen is awesome! Thanks to everyone that posted their opinion.
    11-13-2014 04:23 PM
    Just a quick update for anyone that comes across this,

I did end up getting a Note 4 and it is lightning fast even with all the 'Bloatware' and the S-Pen is awesome! Thanks to everyone that posted their opinion.
    Glad you came on board and yes the Note 4 is all round very impressive. The enhanced S-Pen Feature's are great and it's now a useful tool.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2014 04:40 PM