Note 4 pictures too sharp!

Ryan Mcleod

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Does everyone elses note 4 sharpen pictures as much as mine? Is there anyway to get it to not auto sharpen every picture?

In good lighting pictures look stunning, but seriously, when taking pictures in lower light (both front and back cameras) my pictures look so over sharpened, that they look like they were taken with my old flip phone.....Selfies look terrible in mid to low light.

Thoughts?
if you don't mind me asking what's your display settings on, i have adaptive on prob ur best for mobile experience when taking pictures I found when on any others seem to look very grainy/digital looking at first I was like sending it back and thought what have I changed swapped back boom pictures look good again day and night but some big camcamera to shame

brvzr

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Does everyone elses note 4 sharpen pictures as much as mine? Is there anyway to get it to not auto sharpen every picture?

In good lighting pictures look stunning, but seriously, when taking pictures in lower light (both front and back cameras) my pictures look so over sharpened, that they look like they were taken with my old flip phone.....Selfies look terrible in mid to low light.

Thoughts?

I totally noticed this as well and at first it want really an issue but in constant use I realized the whole sharpening effects were horrid. At least in some situations. Now I post constantly on social media and I've noticed a huge difference in quality when I use the built in camera feature on the free app VSCOCAM. no, this isn't spam lol but I've seriously found the solution. Take photos with the app and then with the stock camera app and you'll see such a huge difference. It smooths everything out but leaves just the perfect amount of detail, even in low light! try it and let me know if that helps. Idk if anyone has suggested it but yeah! Works like a charm :)

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
ISO increases to let more light in when taking "dark" shots.

That's a fantastic summary chart of the compromises necessary to take photos at lower light.

You can built in a larger aperature (bigger lens, more expensive, heavier), slow down the shutter (blurry, hard to take photos at all), and/or jack up the ISO (more noise). A DSLR or something with a larger lens will naturally win any low-light contest as they can have a ginormous aperature and collect tons of light (and no one really cares too much about depth of field in *MOST* low-light situations.

Bir Bagga

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
Its not exactly quality that I am talking about. So both side cameras take great photos (always well lit, not blurry) BUT then its like the app processes the image, and applies this crazy sharpen filter which makes the photos look way over sharpened. Ill try get some pics and post here so you can see what I mean.
Hi I'm experiencing the same. Did u find out any solution for this over sharpen of images.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781