Phantom buttons being pressed when opening apps

neilbearfk

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't happen every time, but every couple of times I open*apps*up, particularly Facebook, instagram, and skype.. I've been noticing that it takes me to a random place in the app. For example Facebook and instagram take me right to the screen when you select a picture to upload and skype starts a phone call immediately with the person I'm chatting with through the messenger. I finally noticed a common denominator today. The on screen button right above the home key is being "phantomly" pressed upon opening the app and it makes perfect sense why I'm ending up where I am in the*apps*when I open them. Now that I know the problem, I've tested the theory and was very careful making sure my finger isn't anywhere near that area of my screen when opening the*apps*and it still does it. Am I the only person experiencing this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• PicsArt_1415194172029.jpg
    PicsArt_1415194172029.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 18

neilbearfk

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Forget this question. I just realized when I'm hitting my home key upon exiting the apps my thumb is actually hitting these buttons simultaneously while closing the app and then when I open it back up there is the screen of the buttons I pressed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kimo Clyde

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
So was that really your issue because I am experiencing the same thing.

I get random "carrier returns" (enter button) when I'm done texting someone and I back out of the text app, I'll sometimes get a "." or about 2 returns and my finger was nowhere near either of them.

I also experience some apps going to features that I didn't select like the camera feature on facebook, after I re-open it. I know it's not my finger because it does this after I've put it in stand-by mode.

Anyone else?

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I actually had that as well, tried to type something into youtube and it took my keyboard off the screen and opened up apps I haven't even used previous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835