05-19-2015 12:38 PM
27 12
tools
    This is my 2 days old galaxy note 4 - the paint is chipping
    I didn't scratch it or anything.. is that normal?
    Will the warranty accept that ?

Note 4 paint chipping-note.jpg
    11-05-2014 12:45 PM
    This doesnt sound right, i have since launch day and no sign of chipping, i dont use any case, completely naked.
    Are you using any case? Maybe case caused it it dang it on table or something.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-05-2014 12:56 PM
    No no case at all - I had it in my jacket just once thats all - its 2 days old device
    11-05-2014 12:58 PM
    I've had mine for 6 days and it's been naked the whole time. I don't have a single mark or scratch on mine.

I'd contact the carrier and see of they will replace it. If they won't try Samsung.
    11-05-2014 01:02 PM
    Yes, There was a small mark (very small) on the frame when I got it .. but now is getting huge ...
    If you look at the picture you will see another small mark just next to it on the right ..
    11-05-2014 01:25 PM
    thats definitely eligible for a replacement. here in the UK you get 14 days return (choice to terminate your contract) or you can exchange for like for like or completely new handset. I'd take it back to your carrier's store and change it.

11-06-2014 02:20 AM
    I got one near the headphone jack that I made trying to plug it it but it doesn't bother me. It'll get scratched in 2 years

11-06-2014 04:15 AM
    Troll!!
    I dont know if hes trolling but people do slam they phones down or drop them and a scratch like that is kinda eh. I dont even have a case on mines no marks but then again im not rough on the phone
    11-06-2014 04:34 AM
    On our White Note 4 there is a tiny paint chip by one of the microphone holes near the charge port. It was there straight out of the box new.
    11-10-2014 08:56 AM
    Got the wife a white N4, it too came out of the box with 3 paint chips, didnt see them when I was looking over the device for glass issues. Found them when I got home to put the case on, took it right back and had it swapped out.
    11-10-2014 10:13 AM
    Since it's been only two days, you should return it... asap!

girls love tech too
    11-10-2014 01:23 PM
    Had mine for almost a week and just noticed that when they painted the sides, it splashed onto the shiny aluminum chamfered edges... it's looks bad so I'm gonna switch mine out. Ocd haha

11-13-2014 11:25 PM
    Paint so easy to chiping eh.

11-14-2014 12:01 AM
    Three months old White Note 4... No chipping whatsoever.
    However the metal frame is starting to show some tiny scratches.

Typical Samsung quality of materials.
    02-12-2015 11:23 AM
    i have the same problem with the metal frame showing tiny scratches. I believe it's caused by the case whenever you take it in and out. I'm currently using UAG case.
    02-12-2015 11:36 AM
    I just noticed chipping on mine as well...Super frustrated. I use a case, but take it off to replace the battery with a fully charged one while I'm out. Maybe its the case?
    03-02-2015 09:39 PM
    I have white and have small chip near the USB port and one at the top. The UAG case gave me the chip near the charge port trying to remove the damn case.
    03-02-2015 11:05 PM
    I just got my note 4 yesterday. When I was in the tmobile store they were switching over my sim ect so naturally it was opened at the store, when the rep gave me the device I inspected it, the champered edge on the top by the speaker speaker grill was cracked, it was really small but it was there. He had no idea what happened but they gave me a new one right on the spot. Samsung might not be as spot on with their manufacturing process as say apple.

03-03-2015 01:19 AM
    I just got my note 4 yesterday. When I was in the tmobile store they were switching over my sim ect so naturally it was opened at the store, when the rep gave me the device I inspected it, the champered edge on the top by the speaker speaker grill was cracked, it was really small but it was there. He had no idea what happened but they gave me a new one right on the spot. Samsung might not be as spot on with their manufacturing process as say apple.

I've seen plenty of reports on other sites where people opened iPhones to see scratches or even dents. It happens.

As far as the edge scratching on the Note 4, mine has none after over one month. My Note Edge is caseless with no scratches either.
    03-03-2015 01:51 AM

Really? I got my daughter the Iphone 6 and brand new out of the box there were dead spots on the screen. After 3 hours on the phone listening to apple blame att and att blame apple we finally got a new one overnighted to us. I guess apple's quality control is spot on?
    03-03-2015 07:15 AM

Any phone can have defects. Name any phone that is mass produced and you will find some that had issues with it. Quality Control is there to help prevent these issues but ... on devices mass produced like iPhone and Samsung products ... There is bound to be a few bad ones. The companies even know this .. That is why we have warranties .
    03-03-2015 10:42 AM
    I've had mine since... November. It is chipped around the headphone jack. The phone has always been in a case, and always kept in my jacket pocket, alone. /shrug. Stuff happens.
    03-03-2015 02:46 PM
    from what i read its normal

i regret switching from my iphone 4s to note 4, i was very exercised to see the leather back design and the huge screen when i first got my note4, but it all went down hill from there

* paint chipped where the usb is for NO reason, if so what was it? i TOUCHED it too hard?? (youtube paint chipping, its common)
    * got NO 3G signal 4G signal
    * phone stopped waking up if you take the battery out and reinsert it, unless you plugged it into a wall (read online its a common problem)
    * did chat support/phone support/1300 support/told me to go to a physical samsung depot that DOESN'T fix phones which told me to call 1300 back, AGAIN

then finally got it fixed when i called 1300 once more to book complain and they offered a PICKUP which as i talked, i asked "will it get replaced" and they said if you want a replacement thats something different which you put in a ticket and it goes to a 'case manager' etc etc blah blah blah

so i got my phone back today with the same paint chips, phone turns on like normal (for now) and i think its picking up a phone network (4g) very weak, unlike before i had to set to GSM (2g) just to get ANY network

if this was apple you just go to a apple store, give it to them and if they can't fix it its 100% give you a new one. I'm NEVER buying a samsung ever again, kind of should of learnt my lesson when i got a note8 instead of a mini ipad awhile ago, the screen resolution isn't retina display quality.
    05-19-2015 02:18 AM
    Any phone can have defects. Name any phone that is mass produced and you will find some that had issues with it. Quality Control is there to help prevent these issues but ... on devices mass produced like iPhone and Samsung products ... There is bound to be a few bad ones. The companies even know this .. That is why we have warranties .
    yes but unlike apple it doesn't make you jump through massive hoops JUST to get a technician to look at it. Apple just gives you a new one no questions asked EVEN if you bought it at ebay with no original receipt OR warranty
    05-19-2015 02:20 AM
    Really? I got my daughter the Iphone 6 and brand new out of the box there were dead spots on the screen. After 3 hours on the phone listening to apple blame att and att blame apple we finally got a new one overnighted to us. I guess apple's quality control is spot on?
    if its a new one why didn't you just take it back to the retail store for a INSTANT replacement? my note 4 was bought off ebay and i had to jump through hoops just to get it fixed, i've heard heaps of stories on youtube you can just take it to the apple store and bam a new one, my friends partner bought one off ebay, took it in a apple store, they couldn't fix it bam a new one
    05-19-2015 02:23 AM
27 12