Note 4 paint chipping

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
This doesnt sound right, i have since launch day and no sign of chipping, i dont use any case, completely naked.
Are you using any case? Maybe case caused it it dang it on table or something.

Posted via the Android Central App

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for 6 days and it's been naked the whole time. I don't have a single mark or scratch on mine.

I'd contact the carrier and see of they will replace it. If they won't try Samsung.

Rafal Napierala1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes, There was a small mark (very small) on the frame when I got it .. but now is getting huge ...
If you look at the picture you will see another small mark just next to it on the right ..

amzi160586

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
thats definitely eligible for a replacement. here in the UK you get 14 days return (choice to terminate your contract) or you can exchange for like for like or completely new handset. I'd take it back to your carrier's store and change it.

anon(5503495)

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I got one near the headphone jack that I made trying to plug it it but it doesn't bother me. It'll get scratched in 2 years

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
On our White Note 4 there is a tiny paint chip by one of the microphone holes near the charge port. It was there straight out of the box new.

MGK645

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Got the wife a white N4, it too came out of the box with 3 paint chips, didnt see them when I was looking over the device for glass issues. Found them when I got home to put the case on, took it right back and had it swapped out.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Had mine for almost a week and just noticed that when they painted the sides, it splashed onto the shiny aluminum chamfered edges... it's looks bad so I'm gonna switch mine out. Ocd haha

Rayanmx

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Three months old White Note 4... No chipping whatsoever.
However the metal frame is starting to show some tiny scratches.

Typical Samsung quality of materials.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem with the metal frame showing tiny scratches. I believe it's caused by the case whenever you take it in and out. I'm currently using UAG case.

ozpain2

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed chipping on mine as well...Super frustrated. I use a case, but take it off to replace the battery with a fully charged one while I'm out. Maybe its the case?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have white and have small chip near the USB port and one at the top. The UAG case gave me the chip near the charge port trying to remove the damn case.

LucidL1fe

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I just got my note 4 yesterday. When I was in the tmobile store they were switching over my sim ect so naturally it was opened at the store, when the rep gave me the device I inspected it, the champered edge on the top by the speaker speaker grill was cracked, it was really small but it was there. He had no idea what happened but they gave me a new one right on the spot. Samsung might not be as spot on with their manufacturing process as say apple.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got my note 4 yesterday. When I was in the tmobile store they were switching over my sim ect so naturally it was opened at the store, when the rep gave me the device I inspected it, the champered edge on the top by the speaker speaker grill was cracked, it was really small but it was there. He had no idea what happened but they gave me a new one right on the spot. Samsung might not be as spot on with their manufacturing process as say apple.

I've seen plenty of reports on other sites where people opened iPhones to see scratches or even dents. It happens.

As far as the edge scratching on the Note 4, mine has none after over one month. My Note Edge is caseless with no scratches either.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Really? I got my daughter the Iphone 6 and brand new out of the box there were dead spots on the screen. After 3 hours on the phone listening to apple blame att and att blame apple we finally got a new one overnighted to us. I guess apple's quality control is spot on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance