11-26-2015 05:39 PM
28 12
tools
    I go to

settings
    --lock screen
    ---show information
    -----weather and put a check in set phone to show weather info on lock screen

however it doesnt show up. What am I doing wrong?

thanks!
    11-05-2014 04:17 PM
    Do you have the widget loaded on your homescreen or have at least set it up once? It draws the information from that widget. Also, if you don't have a network connection, it won't be able to get the data.
    11-05-2014 04:23 PM
    You have to have the widget set up and set to sync.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-05-2014 04:40 PM
    yes it is on my home screen and its setup to sync it changes info on the homescreen every hour or so. but i cannot get it to show on the lock screen.

thanks for any help
    11-05-2014 09:38 PM
    Same.. idk how to get it either
    11-05-2014 10:20 PM
    Just did it on my ATT lock screen without a hitch. Anyone know if this draws any additional battery? I kinda like it on the lock screen but I am not going to keep it if it is a battery hog
    11-05-2014 10:37 PM
    Just did it on my ATT lock screen without a hitch. Anyone know if this draws any additional battery? I kinda like it on the lock screen but I am not going to keep it if it is a battery hog
    It shouldn't be that bad. At worst, if it updates once per hour, it will get the weather update in say 60 seconds of internet, so the device is awake for a minute per hour. Facebook will probably drain more than that if set to sync every 30 minutes.

Sent from an AOSP M8
    iOSConvert2k14 likes this.
    11-05-2014 11:12 PM
    So is this a Verizon bug then? I can get it without issues but mine's T-Mobile.
    11-06-2014 02:07 PM
    So is this a Verizon bug then? I can get it without issues but mine's T-Mobile.
    Works on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-06-2014 02:09 PM
    If you have the widget set to a refresh interval on your homescreen it should draw the same battery with or without the lockscreen option. That only mirrors the info.
    11-06-2014 02:14 PM
    i deleted the widget and put it back but still doesnt work the pedometer doesnt show either.
    11-06-2014 02:34 PM
    Have you tried to change lockscreen types? Like using slide to unlock or something? Does it show in any other ones?
    11-06-2014 02:43 PM
    tried it and it didnt make a difference
    11-06-2014 02:59 PM
    Well, shoot... can't think of anything else but to factory reset then
    11-06-2014 03:00 PM
    Does the Location mode need to be set t high accuracy for the weather to update? I keep location set to power saving but it never updates.
    11-06-2014 03:10 PM
    Nope, I keep mine to battery saving and that uses the general tower location from the network. It only picks up the nearest town sometimes, but that's good enough.
    11-06-2014 04:09 PM
    ehhh no factory reset not yet. lol
    11-06-2014 05:11 PM
    I don't know how to set this either on my Verizon Note
    11-06-2014 05:19 PM
    The issue is you have to have the built in Samsung Weather app set to your location. I had the same issue with it when I just entered a city, but when I gave it access to my location it suddenly appeared on the lock screen.

-Shawn
    Noting the World One S-Pen at a Time
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-06-2014 06:09 PM
    Let us know if sforsyth01's solution works. I do have mine set to auto-detect my location.
    11-06-2014 06:31 PM
    also fyi, don't freeze the unifieddaemon either, because that's what pulls data for weather. if that's frozen, you'll never get a location even if you manually put it in.
    11-06-2014 06:50 PM
    Hello AndroidCentral! 1st time poster here.

I was having the same problem with the weather not showing on the lock screen. I tried to turn on the setting for using current location through the widget and it didn't work. So I then deleted all of my weather locations that I had entered manually on the "city list." When I went back to the widget it had no locations for me and said "tap here to add a city." When I tapped it, even though I had already allowed the setting for using my current location, it prompted me to allow it again. After allowing it again and clicking on the city that is my current location the weather on the lock screen began to show. My theory is that because I had already entered my current city manually it was choosing that manual setting over my current location because they were one and the same.

Anyway, worked for me, hope it helps.
    11-07-2014 05:57 PM

I was having the same problem with the weather not showing on the lock screen. I tried to turn on the setting for using current location through the widget and it didn't work. So I then deleted all of my weather locations that I had entered manually on the "city list." When I went back to the widget it had no locations for me and said "tap here to add a city." When I tapped it, even though I had already allowed the setting for using my current location, it prompted me to allow it again. After allowing it again and clicking on the city that is my current location the weather on the lock screen began to show. My theory is that because I had already entered my current city manually it was choosing that manual setting over my current location because they were one and the same.

BOOM! Thanks! Worked!
    Note4 likes this.
    11-07-2014 07:50 PM

BINGO!!!! I had the same issue and this ended up being the fix. I was going to comment but all I can say now is Ditto and confirm that this does work.
    11-08-2014 02:15 PM
    Thanks for the fix, worked on mine as well
    11-08-2014 04:01 PM
28 12