Best Buy Outright Purchase Question

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Finally the Best Buy closest to me (3 hours away) has the Verizon white Note 4 in stock. I purchased one online with in store pickup since they are not shipping them. My wife happens to be travelling to this town this weekend so she will pick it up for me. I put her name down as the purchaser and used her debit card to purchase it since she will be the one getting it. My question is are they going to make her activate it there in the store? The phone is for me not her and I paid full price so I can keep unlimited data. She also has unlimited data on her phone a Moto X. I guess it's ok if she has to activate it on her line because of Best Buy policy but she has a Moto X which uses a nano sim where the Note takes a micro sim. Will Best Buy let her take the phone unactivated since its an outright purchase and not an upgrade? I'm hoping so. I don't want them to risk losing my unlimited data.

cccc2004

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
My son and I both bought a Note 4 at different Best Buy's. Neither one activated the phone. Both stores did match the $699 price but you need to bring in a printed copy of the Verizon website. I would recommend you add your wife as a account manager just incase their are some questions.

GPtimes2

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I read on one of the forums this morning that if you go to a post office and ask for a change of address pack/kit that they always have a best buy 10% off coupon in them. I assume this is true and may be worth the time to check. They should adjust your payment if it is.

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow, you are lucky, in Canada BB and Future Shop are not permitted to sell the devices outright because they are a hand puppet for our 3 major carriers. I had to go to Telus and buy it there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000