08-13-2015 01:04 PM
35 12
tools
    How u disabled apps that u downloaded lol instgram and Facebook not pre installed lol

Posted via Android Central App
    Some devices have apps like that preinstalled. I don't know specifically about AT&T, but it wouldn't be surprising.

Forgive me, but I'm a new user. How do I disable apps as opposed to deleting them? I know how to delete apps I have added, but is it possible with pre-installed apps?
    Go to Settings>Apps>All, select the app, and tap Disable or Turn Off (if the button is available). This option will only show if the app is preinstalled and therefore unremovable.
    11-07-2014 10:31 AM
    Agreed. AT&T Seems to have even more bloat than Verizon.

I've always used the turn off a couple at a time method to check on the effect of dialing apps. Usually works ok.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-07-2014 12:07 PM
    Don't know.. Maybe it's 4.4.4 and / or carrier dependent.
    Must be something with Sprint. I can't disable it on my Note 4 at all. Force stop, clear cache, etc., all work, it's just the Turn Off that's, well, turned off. Hopefully it won't be locked down in Lollipop, although I read the Lollipop messenger is nicer.
    11-07-2014 11:41 PM
    My Verizon Note 4 is pretty loaded with bloat but I don't think as much as AT&T.

So is it better to just "turn off" or "uninstall updates" on most of these apps?

On my Verizon Note 4 there is only a turn off or uninstall option. I don't see disable anywhere.
    11-08-2014 01:25 PM
    Turn off will make them show as disabled. Same thing. Ones you can turn off can't be uninstalled. Some you can't do either with.

My Verizon Note 4 is pretty loaded with bloat but I don't think as much as AT&T.

So is it better to just "turn off" or "uninstall updates" on most of these apps?

On my Verizon Note 4 there is only a turn off or uninstall option. I don't see disable anywhere.
    11-08-2014 03:31 PM
    Disabling/turning off an app that has been updated will automatically uninstall the updates prior to disabling.
    11-08-2014 03:47 PM
    Must be something with Sprint. I can't disable it on my Note 4 at all. Force stop, clear cache, etc., all work, it's just the Turn Off that's, well, turned off. Hopefully it won't be locked down in Lollipop, although I read the Lollipop messenger is nicer.
    Yeah, must be a Sprint thing. I can't do it either. We'll see what happens with Lollipop. But I'm betting they still block stuff like that.
    11-08-2014 05:56 PM
    We have the same phone is it okay to disable google play music? If I did what would be happen ? I noticed when I disable this app there is no uninstall updates shown above and its disappear I don't know what happened, Im curious.. I hope you have any idea thanks anyway..
    08-12-2015 10:34 PM
    We have the same phone is it okay to disable google play music? If I did what would be happen ? I noticed when I disable this app there is no uninstall updates shown above and its disappear I don't know what happened, Im curious.. I hope you have any idea thanks anyway..
    I don't use Google play music. I've had it disabled since day one. It's fine to disable it.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    08-13-2015 07:43 AM
    Certainly is a lot of provider bloatware! That will be in addition to all the stuff added by Samsung and Google!
    I'm in the UK using Three as a provider and Three only added one app to check the account and that can be disabled easily. Nonetheless I have 23 Samsung and Google apps currently disabled. Not surprising that users like to root their phones.
    08-13-2015 01:04 PM
35 12