Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SMS app - Which do you prefer?

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: SMS app - Which do you prefer?

Messages plus got an update this week. It's now on the materialm design stop and still works great on my n4

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Yeyo40

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Hello, every time I try a 3rd party SMS, such as Textra or Google Messenger I am unable to paste an image from the clipboard that was gathered using the Spen image clip tool. Does this happens to you as well or am i missing something?

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Hello, every time I try a 3rd party SMS, such as Textra or Google Messenger I am unable to paste an image from the clipboard that was gathered using the Spen image clip tool. Does this happens to you as well or am i missing something?

You have to make sure you save the clipboard data as an image. It will save to "studio" when you do that, but it will be visible in Textra or GM after that.

Yeyo40

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Is there a particular setting for that?.. I mean when I clip am image it just says "saved to clipboard" no options available...

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

Textra for me too.. Dark theme is nice and clean looking

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

I use to use go sms and evolvesms then Google came out with their own so much better and faster google messenger check it out.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Which do you all prefer:

Textra
ChompSMS
Handcent
Go SMS
Hangouts
Stock

Which do you prefer and why?

At this time, I like handcent because of the various themes, but Textra allows me to get my pictures from iPhone users better. So its a toss up between the 2.

I only use stock on my note edge. In order to truly benifit from the s pens features I only use all the stock apps. I think they all work great. I have tried them all and always go back to stock.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich (And i'd like to point out anything but a fad or gimmick !!) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Which has a Samsung Gear S and Samsung Gear Circle paired to it. ✒✒

zagato27

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Just picked up a Moto Turbo and am trying different SMS clients. I like Textra but can't for the life of me figure out how to attach photos. Anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Just picked up a Moto Turbo and am trying different SMS clients. I like Textra but can't for the life of me figure out how to attach photos. Anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Hit the plus icon next to word insertion

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

happydakar

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site

I used Hangouts for awhile, but went back to the stock app on my S5 and now my N4. I get photos from iPhone users with no problem.

Hi, I also just purchased a note 4 - first Android for me (coming from Nokia 808) - and having difficulty understanding stock message. It doesn't cut up the sms to 70 chars/message so if I go over that limit the message app converts directly to mms. Of course, I don't want that but I don't know how to change it. This task performed perfectly on symbian and the older feature phones. I don't know why that was sacrificed.
does anyone know how to configure stock message on note 4 to accept more than 70 characters, chop it into 70 character segments and send by sms to be reassembled upon arrival?
Again, this worked perfectly under symbian...
Thank you in advance for your help.

George Collins1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm like Chris B above--have tried various replacement apps for SMS, calendar, etc on my N3 and S5, but always went back to stock. The others may be prettier,but the stock applications provide some functionality I didn't want to lose. When I got the N4 I just stayed with stock. There are lots of tiny detailed functions in the stock apps that you lose with 3rd party. Many I didn't know about until I went thru some of the Tips and Tricks videos for the various phone models on YouTube. Those videos are worth the time. Many are repetitive, but I pick up a new tidbit from each one.

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Messenger here. . I'm able to archive just like in hangouts and that's a plus for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol