11-23-2014 05:36 PM
82 1234
tools
    Appreciate your input, and what you said makes perfect sense. If it you read up a few lines, after spending a good solid few hours with this phone, u interrupted...installed nova, textra, etc...installed totally sold and not going anywhere. Not even a bossy woman could tell me otherwise ������

Posted via the Android Central App

i interrupted? but, but but.... well, u can't expect me to read every line, can ya? i just "gather the gyst, and shoot off my mouth"... Before Texas, i was born & raised in B'klyn/Queens, and that's how we do it...lol Glad ur keeping Note 4, i got about zillion vids on it on my channel, if u can deal with all my ramblings, i have some pretty good tips in 'em... lol BTC
    logik brooklyn likes this.
    11-07-2014 12:09 PM

i interrupted? but, but but.... well, u can't expect me to read every line, can ya? i just "gather the gyst, and shoot off my mouth"... Before Texas, i was born & raised in B'klyn/Queens, and that's how we do it...lol Glad ur keeping Note 4, i got about zillion vids on it on my channel, if u can deal with all my ramblings, i have some pretty good tips in 'em... lol BTC
    LOL, I think "u interrupted" was an auto correct mistake.
    11-07-2014 03:27 PM
    I've had the M8 and it is a great phone. I sold mine to get the G3, then I went with the S5. I'll end up with the Note 4 after all.
    M8 is just a redesigned stock android, so the lack of features kind of bores me.
    I never thought that I'd actually really enjoy the new Samsung phones, but I do, a lot!

Posted via Android Central App
    11-07-2014 04:01 PM
    is there a link for the extra modes? because I have yet to come across it in my search...
    11-07-2014 04:51 PM
    is there a link for the extra modes? because I have yet to come across it in my search...
    On the camera? Open the camera app, on the bottom left click "modes", and then scroll down to the "download" button. It should take you to the Samsung store to download different modes .
    11-07-2014 05:05 PM
    I've been iOS for a long time, still have a 5S and rMini, so appreciate what smoothness ours.

Whilst I don't have an issue with TW as the launcher, Nova is definitely smoother.

I looked in Application Manager at TW and that used around 450mb. Nova, by comparison, uses around 150mb. It's just way lighter.

Considering changing launchers doesn't affect TW features like SPen, multitasking, one-handed menus, etc, it's worth a try for anyone who is getting any lag. You can even theme Novs to look like TW icons.

Sent from my SM-N9100
    11-07-2014 05:17 PM

I actually have not the slightest clue what "you interrupted" was even supposed to mean lol...predictive text been eating my food...sorry lol

11-07-2014 07:55 PM
    Just put Nova launcher on it. That will eliminate most of the lag, I bet.
    11-07-2014 08:29 PM
    I always had iPhones up to the 5 and this is my first Android note 4 ...haven't experienced any lag what so ever, everything seems lightening fast. I think camera is great deff took same if not better pictures than my iPhone. Only thing I find not perfect is the white balance. In lower light the whites turn yellowish but turning on flash fixes that.
    11-07-2014 10:04 PM
    I've been iOS for a long time, still have a 5S and rMini, so appreciate what smoothness ours.

Whilst I don't have an issue with TW as the launcher, Nova is definitely smoother.

I looked in Application Manager at TW and that used around 450mb. Nova, by comparison, uses around 150mb. It's just way lighter.

Considering changing launchers doesn't affect TW features like SPen, multitasking, one-handed menus, etc, it's worth a try for anyone who is getting any lag. You can even theme Novs to look like TW icons.

Sent from my SM-N9100
    I have an old Galaxy S3 that I dusted off and started playing with. I downloaded the Google Launcher and the Google keyboard. And the phone was very snappy. So snappy in fact that if I had to use this as my daily phone, I wouldn't mind it at all.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-15-2014 01:54 AM
    I switched to the Note 4 after 6 years of having an iPhone and agree with you this thing does have lag. I also agree the photos are hit and miss at times and can look incredible when you get it right. I had the S5 for about 15 days and noticed the same issue with pictures being way too dark indoors. I think part of the reason for that is because the screen brightness is turned down and when you take the pic the camera automaticly gets brighter when you take the pic. Then after you take the pic the screen goes back to your more dim brightness setting making pics appear even darker than they really are. That wasn't how the iPhone camera worked and I kind of hate this about the Samsung camera. Overall I don't think this camera takes very good pics in low light unless you touch the screen in just the right spot allowing it to focus on an area with low light which brings more light into the overall picture. Outside in the daylight this camera pretty much crushes any other phone camera I've ever seen.

11-15-2014 05:08 AM
    The lagg is a trade off for so many features. Either root it or get used to it. Camera should really be a number 1 reason to get a phone. Weigh out all the options because s pen is what makes this phone stand out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    11-15-2014 08:27 AM
    The lagg is a trade off for so many features. Either root it or get used to it. Camera should really be a number 1 reason to get a phone. Weigh out all the options because s pen is what makes this phone stand out.

I'm assuming you meant a camera shouldn't be number 1 reason you get a phone, not should...but an s pen is?

11-15-2014 08:47 AM
    I'm assuming you meant a camera shouldn't be number 1 reason you get a phone, not should...but a s pen is?

Correct

11-15-2014 08:56 AM
    Correct

That's some logic considering the note line probably accounts for around 5% total of all smart phone sales. While cameras are strongly advertised, and continously being improved by every manufacturer.

I'd be much more inclined to buy my phone for a great camera, than for an s pen, that though it is very useful...can be mimicked with my finger.

11-15-2014 09:03 AM
    I phone makes a solid phone that is very dependable. It's a good phone, my wife loves her but I hate them. For me it's operating system and specs. Spend though is can't be mimicked by a finger. Watch a few tutorials on what s pen can do. In the phablet world the s pen makes a differnece. For phones, personally I think Samsung is just plain Jane. If your in the business type of working field, s pen can be used on a daily basis

11-15-2014 09:20 AM
    I phone makes a solid phone that is very dependable. It's a good phone, my wife loves her but I hate them. For me it's operating system and specs. Spend though is can't be mimicked by a finger. Watch a few tutorials on what s pen can do. In the phablet world the s pen makes a differnece. For phones, personally I think Samsung is just plain Jane. If your in the business type of working field, s pen can be used on a daily basis

Agreed.

There is a trade off, I have my office phone forwarded to my cell and have taken clients calls, and jotted notes with the S Pen at lunch with Co worker's (and amazed them). However a lot of corportive native apps, like for instance I work for Honda, are optimized for the iPhone and ios heavily.

11-15-2014 09:40 AM
    For my field if work I constantly send and receive documents and communicate through email. However I just don't send/receive them. I have to continually alter them with notes and arrows, plus sometimes blackout things or erase them so people can't see them. This usually takes precision and additional features which is why I decided to get the note. I truly wanted a nexus 6 because it's smooth as hell and fast with a bigger screen and better sound. But believe it or not, the s pen is what made my choice. It may not be practical for everyone but for me it comes in handy on daily use and I don't use it to impress people. It's pretty much 100% business for me, yeah people are impressed but that's not why I use the features. it allows me to be more productive by letting me do things on the go quickly without having to send a document and make a phone call to explain the documeny. Sometimes the person isn't even available for an explanation and emailing an explanation in text can be confusing.

11-15-2014 09:49 AM
    +1 the ability to now edit documents and spread sheets is a huge plus. Like I said it's got its trade offs....seems like the pros outweigh cons though.

11-15-2014 10:50 AM
    Side note, why the hell do I randomly get this pop up "google has stopped working" it doesn't matter what I'm doing, I can be on instagram and it'll pop up.

That's interesting - I used to get that "Google has stopped working" thing on my Motorola Droid Maxx, constantly and it never made sense. I have not had it once on my Note 4 and I've had it since 10/22. I haven't noticed any lag either... of course, I'm typing this reply to your 11/5 post without reading any further. Hope you got it ironed out...
    11-15-2014 11:07 AM
    I switched to the Note 4 from an iphone 5 about two weeks ago. I work in the video production field (tv commercial production), I'm always on the road for my shoots and I relied pretty heavily on my iphone 5 for getting nice quality photos of either business signs or storefronts to be used in the videos.
    So when I was wanting to upgrade my phone, the camera was a pretty big factor for me. I watched tons of videos and read a bunch of comparison articles on the note 4 vs iphone 6+. I ended up going with the Note 4 mostly out of availability in my area (there weren't any iphone 6's or +'s in my area at all). My coworker had the note 4 and he was showing me all the different things it could do and basically sold me on it.
    Picked one up and I'm still figuring out the camera a little bit, but this thing is a monster!!!! I am very impressed with the image quality with this phone. My girlfriend has the 6+ so I've been comparing and I actually like the images taken with the note 4 a little more (albeit, they both look great). The note and iphone definitely have very different camera interfaces which is what is throwing me off mostly.
    I am super pleased with the note 4 and I have absolutely no problem taking this with me on my video shoots. Also, if I forget a camera from my office I don't need to worry, the note shoots in 4k.... That's better than any of the equipment that the company I work for has... hahaha
    11-15-2014 12:07 PM
    I bought an M8 on launch day in March. It's a great phone, very solid in my hand. But I wanted a larger device.

11-15-2014 06:59 PM
    I bought the M8 as said before the phone has great quality build. The speaker sound is amazing best I've ever heard on a mobile device. The reason why I dumped it was because I had barely any signal do to the metal frame. My carrier is verizon so this was my reason to go with the note series. I was an iPhone Crack head for a while. But I got tired with the same old stuff hence that's why I went back to Android.

Posted Verizon Note 4
    11-15-2014 08:22 PM
    M8 is another SOLID phone. My brother has it and loves it except for the fact that he can't multi select pictures for texting. Other than that, he is in love with it and he has tried several phones in the past 2 years. That thing is smooth as hell. I came from a HTC one 2013 model and I love it too. I still have it and still floss it when I feel like playing dangerously lol because of its sexy design. Mmmmmm that thing is Uber sexy!

11-15-2014 10:07 PM
    Keep it, the note 4 beats the 6 plus BY FAR!
    How exactly? Android here myself but did the research and iPhone 6 beats any android hands down. Better transition, battery easily lasts a couple days on heavy usage. So the Note 4 has BEAST specs. HAHAHA, only to run it's power hungry firmware.
    11-16-2014 05:12 AM
82 1234