11-23-2014 05:36 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    I wanted to like the m8 so bad when it launched and I bought one. It is the worst camera in a newer phone in the market. It is just garbage. Other than the camera and some wasted real estate by menu buttons that don't disappear is a good phone. Camera is a deal breaker.

Posted via the Android Central App
    The camera is garbage? That's funny, lol! I compared the M8 to the LG G3 and the G3 is only a hair bettr. Of course the LG G3 being the best phone camera on the market helps it alot.
    11-16-2014 05:16 AM
    I still do not see the lag people are talking about and dislike the M8 due to the annoying navigation bar hogging space. It makes the device a 4.5" due to this.
    Navigation bar Hogging space? Do you know what you're talking about? You are saying the M8 has a total of .5'' screen real estate. That's 1/2'' for you in case you don't understand. The Navigation bar is no bigger than the Note 4, Lg G3, Galaxy S5, etc.
    11-16-2014 05:26 AM
    Navigation bar Hogging space? Do you know what you're talking about? You are saying the M8 has a total of .5'' screen real estate. That's 1/2'' for you in case you don't understand. The Navigation bar is no bigger than the Note 4, Lg G3, Galaxy S5, etc.
    I don't think that's what he said or at least what he meant. The onscreen controls take up usable screen real estate. I'm not sure if it takes up a half inch, mayble a quarter inch, but screen real estate has been sacrificed which means the 5 inch screen really has 4.7 to 4.8 of screen to work with.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-16-2014 06:12 AM
    How exactly? Android here myself but did the research and iPhone 6 beats any android hands down. Better transition, battery easily lasts a couple days on heavy usage. So the Note 4 has BEAST specs. HAHAHA, only to run it's power hungry firmware.
    This is confusing to me. Can you expound on your points?

11-16-2014 06:15 AM
    This is confusing to me. Can you expound on your points?

The iPhone is much faster as it switches between tasks alot quicker with no lag thus the transition. As for the battery, my brother in law has the iPhone 6+ and he is perhaps one the the most heaviest smartphone users that I know of. His iPhone gets him through a complete day and into the following day needing a charge around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Again, Android myself here but, I did own the iPhone 4 and 4S. Both are quick phones. Now, as far as customization goes that's Android all the way. The camera can be debatable but both iPhone and Android has good camera's. If you need proof of the speed there are many video's of this on youtube.
    11-17-2014 05:29 AM
    The iPhone is much faster as it switches between tasks alot quicker with no lag thus the transition. As for the battery, my brother in law has the iPhone 6+ and he is perhaps one the the most heaviest smartphone users that I know of. His iPhone gets him through a complete day and into the following day needing a charge around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Again, Android myself here but, I did own the iPhone 4 and 4S. Both are quick phones. Now, as far as customization goes that's Android all the way. The camera can be debatable but both iPhone and Android has good camera's. If you need proof of the speed there are many video's of this on youtube.
    I don't need proof in that regard as I have owned both the iPhone 6 Plus and the Note 4. I just wanted more insight into the points you were making.

11-17-2014 06:35 AM
    I was going to write the same thing but beat me to it. Nova turns this device into the beast it needs to be. amazing Samsung has not address the micro stutter in such a long time. This is my setup and I am as happy as ever.

1. Set animation scaling to 0x for all 3 settings.
    2. Get Nova, set transition speed to the fastest setting.
    3. Set transition speed for home screen to none.

Plus my favorite apps (always been an android user exccept for the last year which I went with iphone 5s, I just cant believe I survived without these):
    1. Poweramp
    2. BS Player
    3. Swiftkey
    4. Titanium backup
    11-23-2014 05:36 PM
82 ... 234