So I love android, I love my note 4, but I'm thinking of returning it?

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
The lag issue seems to have already been covered (although I haven't noticed any myself), so I'll cover the camera issue. The specs on the Note 4 camera blow away anything Apple is using, and most other sensors currently being used in a smartphone. The iPhone 6+ does have a better flash though. I'm certain that what issues you're seeing with the Note 4 camera are software problems, and not a hardware issue. Give them some time to tweak the software to better take advantage of the sensor, or download an app that will give you manual control over the camera settings. Auto settings rarely perform well in my experience, even a DSLR on full auto is easily confused by common scenarios and will take less than optimal pictures.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
As mention there are a few things you can do to prevent the lag.

1. Disable or remove all the bloatware
2. Turn off S Voice
3. Activate developer options. Turn animations down to 0 or .5 to speed everything up. If you want iPhone like animations then set them to x2

The HTC M8 and the Nexus 6 are both very nice devices but remember when going to them you loose some of the great features of the Note 4. You lose Multi Tasking and the S Pen.

I can't comment on the camera but maybe try playing with the in app settings to improve the photos.

Good luck whatever you decide.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
As mention there are a few things you can do to prevent the lag.

1. Disable or remove all the bloatware
2. Turn off S Voice
3. Activate developer options. Turn animations down to 0 or .5 to speed everything up. If you want iPhone like animations then set them to x2

The HTC M8 and the Nexus 6 are both very nice devices but remember when going to them you loose some of the great features of the Note 4. You lose Multi Tasking and the S Pen.

I can't comment on the camera but maybe try playing with the in app settings to improve the photos.

Good luck whatever you decide.
The lag is there, but it's minimal. It doesn't seem to be anything to complain about. TL love the photos this thing takes.I have read complaints about the photos in low light or while in motion being poor. I guess I don't take too many of those types of photos because I have absolutely no issues with the camera.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
The Note 4 is smooth in my opinion. Not as buttery smooth as an iPhone, but then again, no Android phone is. A few come close, but not close enough. Personally though the iPhone cameras are way too overhyped. They are good, but not without their flaws. They take some great pics, but they also "do overs" as well. The m8 camera is great if you are going to take a pic within 6 feet. After that, nope. I guess all in all, they all have great things and bad things about them so it all boils down to what you are going to be most comfortable with. Overall for me, its the Note 4. Bought one and never looked back.

Posted via the Android Central App
I promise you it isnt...I had over 4000 pics and videos on my iphone 5...u there's one thing apple does great, it's their image processing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're worried about cameras ... iPhones are known for good photos .. especially for "point and shoot". They always have done well in this department.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Yup. Been a user since 07...they are the best for strictly point and shoot.

After messing with thus phone a lot since I made this, with nova installed...I'm much happier with it.

Take it back and get the iPhone...............you know that's what you want. :D

No lol

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok so lol....

Hear me out before you think I'm nuts. For those that seen my first thread last week, I'm a 7 year iphone guy who made the switch. The note 4 beat out the 6 plus.

Now fast forward a week later, and I'm totally sucked in too the OS, I literally love every thing about it. I also really, really love this phone. However there are a few things that bug me, and the main one being the lag. For such a spec power house, this phone has hiccups way to often. It doesn't make me dislike it, but it does kind of mess up the user experience as a whole. Is this something you guys think will fix with an update? My other gripe is the camera....I'll never stop saying, like I always have, that apple takes better, more CONSISTENT pictures. In certain lighting this phone can definitely miss a shot....but when it takes a good picture...it's phenomenal.

The phone I'm thinking of taking a look at is the htc one m8. Automatically everyone will probably tell me if cameras are a concern that it's horrible choice, but I seem my friends pictures, and I don't think it's low light photos are terrible actually. What appeals most to me is I hear that the htc sense user experience is butter smooth....and real close to a nice, unmolested, stock android experience.

In closing, I know this is a note forum, so I don't expect everyone to tell me go get the m8 because it's much better. I was hoping for maybe some unbiased opinions, especially from people who have used both...and seriously, don't take this as me bashing the note, because I actually love this thing, and I'm not even close to positive this is something I want to do.

Rocco

The m8 is a great choice and pretty much as smooth in terms of performance as the nexus. Now that being said, it depends what you want. You seem to be put off by touchwiz and its shortcomings, so go with the m8, or any other android flagship should quench your itch for android and make you happy.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
The m8 is a great choice and pretty much as smooth in terms of performance as the nexus. Now that being said, it depends what you want. You seem to be put off by touchwiz and its shortcomings, so go with the m8, or any other android flagship should quench your itch for android and make you happy.

I'm getting more used to it, and with the installation of nova it's a lot better.

What bothers me is a big reason I bought this phone was the multi tasking...but apps like textra don't support it. It's like I'm forced to stick with stock.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok so lol....

Hear me out before you think I'm nuts. For those that seen my first thread last week, I'm a 7 year iphone guy who made the switch. The note 4 beat out the 6 plus.

Now fast forward a week later, and I'm totally sucked in too the OS, I literally love every thing about it. I also really, really love this phone. However there are a few things that bug me, and the main one being the lag. For such a spec power house, this phone has hiccups way to often. It doesn't make me dislike it, but it does kind of mess up the user experience as a whole. Is this something you guys think will fix with an update? My other gripe is the camera....I'll never stop saying, like I always have, that apple takes better, more CONSISTENT pictures. In certain lighting this phone can definitely miss a shot....but when it takes a good picture...it's phenomenal.

The phone I'm thinking of taking a look at is the htc one m8. Automatically everyone will probably tell me if cameras are a concern that it's horrible choice, but I seem my friends pictures, and I don't think it's low light photos are terrible actually. What appeals most to me is I hear that the htc sense user experience is butter smooth....and real close to a nice, unmolested, stock android experience.

In closing, I know this is a note forum, so I don't expect everyone to tell me go get the m8 because it's much better. I was hoping for maybe some unbiased opinions, especially from people who have used both...and seriously, don't take this as me bashing the note, because I actually love this thing, and I'm not even close to positive this is something I want to do.

Rocco

I wanted to like the m8 so bad when it launched and I bought one. It is the worst camera in a newer phone in the market. It is just garbage. Other than the camera and some wasted real estate by menu buttons that don't disappear is a good phone. Camera is a deal breaker.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to like the m8 so bad when it launched and I bought one. It is the worst camera in a newer phone in the market. It is just garbage. Other than the camera and some wasted real estate by menu buttons that don't disappear is a good phone. Camera is a deal breaker.

See I thought the same...but when people talk about they usually say it's a lot better than it comes off on paper

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok so lol....

Rocco

Get a Nexus 6. No. Lag. Ever.

Stephen Martino

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting more used to it, and with the installation of nova it's a lot better.

What bothers me is a big reason I bought this phone was the multi tasking...but apps like textra don't support it. It's like I'm forced to stick with stock.

For texting try Handscent it's a great texting app and it supports multi-tasking

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I still do not see the lag people are talking about and dislike the M8 due to the annoying navigation bar hogging space. It makes the device a 4.5" due to this.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I still do not see the lag people are talking about and dislike the M8 due to the annoying navigation bar hogging space. It makes the device a 4.5" due to this.
The lag isn't great and everyone perceives the lag differently. I don't feel bothered by it at all. And when you consider how the Note 4 multitasks, it's amazing how smooth it is.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Make like I never made this thread lol....I'm sold sold sold.

I know a little bit about indecision, and it is difficult sometimes to make a choice one way or the other because these devices have subtle nuances that can be difficult to weigh. I at one time ordered the iPhone 6 Plus then ordered the Note 4 and received the Note 4 first. I was adamant that I was going to keep the Note. That was until the iPhone 6 Plus came in the mail. Then I thought that the iPhone 6 Plus was going to be my smartphone for the next yea , but then there were things about the Note 4 I missed. So now I'm back to the Note 4 for good. But a lot of back and forth before this decision.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I know a little bit about indecision, and it is difficult sometimes to make a choice one way or the other because these devices have subtle nuances that can be difficult to weigh. I at one time ordered the iPhone 6 Plus then ordered the Note 4 and received the Note 4 first. I was adamant that I was going to keep the Note. That was until the iPhone 6 Plus came in the mail. Then I thought that the iPhone 6 Plus was going to be my smartphone for the next yea , but then there were things about the Note 4 I missed. So now I'm back to the Note 4 for good. But a lot of back and forth before this decision.

Lmao....this is the story of my life my friend...

However after 7 years with apple, I was positive I wasn't going back that direcrion....for now anyway. Only thing I miss is the consistency of the camera.