So I love android, I love my note 4, but I'm thinking of returning it?

JRUNCK

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I switched to the Note 4 after 6 years of having an iPhone and agree with you this thing does have lag. I also agree the photos are hit and miss at times and can look incredible when you get it right. I had the S5 for about 15 days and noticed the same issue with pictures being way too dark indoors. I think part of the reason for that is because the screen brightness is turned down and when you take the pic the camera automaticly gets brighter when you take the pic. Then after you take the pic the screen goes back to your more dim brightness setting making pics appear even darker than they really are. That wasn't how the iPhone camera worked and I kind of hate this about the Samsung camera. Overall I don't think this camera takes very good pics in low light unless you touch the screen in just the right spot allowing it to focus on an area with low light which brings more light into the overall picture. Outside in the daylight this camera pretty much crushes any other phone camera I've ever seen.

Posted via the Android Central App

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The lagg is a trade off for so many features. Either root it or get used to it. Camera should really be a number 1 reason to get a phone. Weigh out all the options because s pen is what makes this phone stand out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
The lagg is a trade off for so many features. Either root it or get used to it. Camera should really be a number 1 reason to get a phone. Weigh out all the options because s pen is what makes this phone stand out.

I'm assuming you meant a camera shouldn't be number 1 reason you get a phone, not should...but an s pen is?

Last edited:

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Correct

That's some logic considering the note line probably accounts for around 5% total of all smart phone sales. While cameras are strongly advertised, and continously being improved by every manufacturer.

I'd be much more inclined to buy my phone for a great camera, than for an s pen, that though it is very useful...can be mimicked with my finger.

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I phone makes a solid phone that is very dependable. It's a good phone, my wife loves her but I hate them. For me it's operating system and specs. Spend though is can't be mimicked by a finger. Watch a few tutorials on what s pen can do. In the phablet world the s pen makes a differnece. For phones, personally I think Samsung is just plain Jane. If your in the business type of working field, s pen can be used on a daily basis

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I phone makes a solid phone that is very dependable. It's a good phone, my wife loves her but I hate them. For me it's operating system and specs. Spend though is can't be mimicked by a finger. Watch a few tutorials on what s pen can do. In the phablet world the s pen makes a differnece. For phones, personally I think Samsung is just plain Jane. If your in the business type of working field, s pen can be used on a daily basis

Agreed.

There is a trade off, I have my office phone forwarded to my cell and have taken clients calls, and jotted notes with the S Pen at lunch with Co worker's (and amazed them). However a lot of corportive native apps, like for instance I work for Honda, are optimized for the iPhone and ios heavily.

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
For my field if work I constantly send and receive documents and communicate through email. However I just don't send/receive them. I have to continually alter them with notes and arrows, plus sometimes blackout things or erase them so people can't see them. This usually takes precision and additional features which is why I decided to get the note. I truly wanted a nexus 6 because it's smooth as hell and fast with a bigger screen and better sound. But believe it or not, the s pen is what made my choice. It may not be practical for everyone but for me it comes in handy on daily use and I don't use it to impress people. It's pretty much 100% business for me, yeah people are impressed but that's not why I use the features. it allows me to be more productive by letting me do things on the go quickly without having to send a document and make a phone call to explain the documeny. Sometimes the person isn't even available for an explanation and emailing an explanation in text can be confusing.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
+1 the ability to now edit documents and spread sheets is a huge plus. Like I said it's got its trade offs....seems like the pros outweigh cons though.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Side note, why the hell do I randomly get this pop up "google has stopped working" it doesn't matter what I'm doing, I can be on instagram and it'll pop up.

That's interesting - I used to get that "Google has stopped working" thing on my Motorola Droid Maxx, constantly and it never made sense. I have not had it once on my Note 4 and I've had it since 10/22. I haven't noticed any lag either... of course, I'm typing this reply to your 11/5 post without reading any further. Hope you got it ironed out...

emerrow

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I switched to the Note 4 from an iphone 5 about two weeks ago. I work in the video production field (tv commercial production), I'm always on the road for my shoots and I relied pretty heavily on my iphone 5 for getting nice quality photos of either business signs or storefronts to be used in the videos.
So when I was wanting to upgrade my phone, the camera was a pretty big factor for me. I watched tons of videos and read a bunch of comparison articles on the note 4 vs iphone 6+. I ended up going with the Note 4 mostly out of availability in my area (there weren't any iphone 6's or +'s in my area at all). My coworker had the note 4 and he was showing me all the different things it could do and basically sold me on it.
Picked one up and I'm still figuring out the camera a little bit, but this thing is a monster!!!! I am very impressed with the image quality with this phone. My girlfriend has the 6+ so I've been comparing and I actually like the images taken with the note 4 a little more (albeit, they both look great). The note and iphone definitely have very different camera interfaces which is what is throwing me off mostly.
I am super pleased with the note 4 and I have absolutely no problem taking this with me on my video shoots. Also, if I forget a camera from my office I don't need to worry, the note shoots in 4k.... That's better than any of the equipment that the company I work for has... hahaha

ahutchga1972

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I bought an M8 on launch day in March. It's a great phone, very solid in my hand. But I wanted a larger device.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought the M8 as said before the phone has great quality build. The speaker sound is amazing best I've ever heard on a mobile device. The reason why I dumped it was because I had barely any signal do to the metal frame. My carrier is verizon so this was my reason to go with the note series. I was an iPhone Crack head for a while. But I got tired with the same old stuff hence that's why I went back to Android.

Posted Verizon Note 4

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
M8 is another SOLID phone. My brother has it and loves it except for the fact that he can't multi select pictures for texting. Other than that, he is in love with it and he has tried several phones in the past 2 years. That thing is smooth as hell. I came from a HTC one 2013 model and I love it too. I still have it and still floss it when I feel like playing dangerously lol because of its sexy design. Mmmmmm that thing is Uber sexy!

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Keep it, the note 4 beats the 6 plus BY FAR!

How exactly? Android here myself but did the research and iPhone 6 beats any android hands down. Better transition, battery easily lasts a couple days on heavy usage. So the Note 4 has BEAST specs. HAHAHA, only to run it's power hungry firmware.

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to like the m8 so bad when it launched and I bought one. It is the worst camera in a newer phone in the market. It is just garbage. Other than the camera and some wasted real estate by menu buttons that don't disappear is a good phone. Camera is a deal breaker.

The camera is garbage? That's funny, lol! I compared the M8 to the LG G3 and the G3 is only a hair bettr. Of course the LG G3 being the best phone camera on the market helps it alot.

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I still do not see the lag people are talking about and dislike the M8 due to the annoying navigation bar hogging space. It makes the device a 4.5" due to this.

Navigation bar Hogging space? Do you know what you're talking about? You are saying the M8 has a total of .5'' screen real estate. That's 1/2'' for you in case you don't understand. The Navigation bar is no bigger than the Note 4, Lg G3, Galaxy S5, etc.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Navigation bar Hogging space? Do you know what you're talking about? You are saying the M8 has a total of .5'' screen real estate. That's 1/2'' for you in case you don't understand. The Navigation bar is no bigger than the Note 4, Lg G3, Galaxy S5, etc.
I don't think that's what he said or at least what he meant. The onscreen controls take up usable screen real estate. I'm not sure if it takes up a half inch, mayble a quarter inch, but screen real estate has been sacrificed which means the 5 inch screen really has 4.7 to 4.8 of screen to work with.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
How exactly? Android here myself but did the research and iPhone 6 beats any android hands down. Better transition, battery easily lasts a couple days on heavy usage. So the Note 4 has BEAST specs. HAHAHA, only to run it's power hungry firmware.
This is confusing to me. Can you expound on your points?

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
This is confusing to me. Can you expound on your points?

The iPhone is much faster as it switches between tasks alot quicker with no lag thus the transition. As for the battery, my brother in law has the iPhone 6+ and he is perhaps one the the most heaviest smartphone users that I know of. His iPhone gets him through a complete day and into the following day needing a charge around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Again, Android myself here but, I did own the iPhone 4 and 4S. Both are quick phones. Now, as far as customization goes that's Android all the way. The camera can be debatable but both iPhone and Android has good camera's. If you need proof of the speed there are many video's of this on youtube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21