I recently moved from a iPhone 5s to an android . All my phones have been an iPhone 1-5s every generation apple fan boy at its best

I preordered the 6 plus on preorder Time and I received it on the 19th.i then traded it to someone for a regular 6 with more memory 64 to be exact and after two days the 6 literally felt just like my old iPhone 5s so I hunted the guy down and got the 6 plus again. Everything was great specially the camera but I feel I needed to make the switch so I did and got the note 4.....

Phone was a pain in the a@$$ at first I was so lost I didn't know how to transfer my files how to set everything up everything was just so confusing . But I decided to stick with it watch you tube videos to better understand the phone and wow this phone is AMAZING. The display blows out the 6 plus easily specially when watching movie box netflix YouTube etc..
    The only thing I miss however is the camera on the 6 plus that is the only thing I think is better over the note 4. Note 4 claims it has OIS when you take pic but everything is always so blurry specially when trying to take pictures with a 2 year old. With the 6 plus I never had that issue.. is there a switch to turn on OIS For taking pictures I know there is for video recording .

till this day it's been about 5 days and I am still learning something new everyday about the android eco system .. I do miss I message and FaceTime .. every time I take a video and send it it's always so blurry

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-05-2014 11:38 PM
    OIS is a physical part of the camera module, and as such, can't be turned off. As someone in your other thread suggested, go into the galaxy app store and download the other camera modes. There are a few that might help, the sports mode being the one that comes to mind. Allso turn off HDR, then check and turn the ISO up to as high as you can stand. The higher the value, the more noise you may get in your pics.

I think the video stabilization is not the phyisical OIS, but some software tricks to help even more.

Hope this helps.
    11-06-2014 01:53 AM
    I recently moved from a iPhone 5s to an android . All my phones have been an iPhone 1-5s every generation apple fan boy at its best

I preordered the 6 plus on preorder Time and I received it on the 19th.i then traded it to someone for a regular 6 with more memory 64 to be exact and after two days the 6 literally felt just like my old iPhone 5s so I hunted the guy down and got the 6 plus again. Everything was great specially the camera but I feel I needed to make the switch so I did and got the note 4.....

Phone was a pain in the a@$$ at first I was so lost I didn't know how to transfer my files how to set everything up everything was just so confusing . But I decided to stick with it watch you tube videos to better understand the phone and wow this phone is AMAZING. The display blows out the 6 plus easily specially when watching movie box netflix YouTube etc..
    The only thing I miss however is the camera on the 6 plus that is the only thing I think is better over the note 4. Note 4 claims it has OIS when you take pic but everything is always so blurry specially when trying to take pictures with a 2 year old. With the 6 plus I never had that issue.. is there a switch to turn on OIS For taking pictures I know there is for video recording .

till this day it's been about 5 days and I am still learning something new everyday about the android eco system .. I do miss I message and FaceTime .. every time I take a video and send it it's always so blurry

Posted via the Android Central App
    twolastnames is correct. HDR is great when taking pictures of scenery or a still object. It makes the picture pop but I find it to over sharpen. HDR also takes an extra .5 seconds to render the picture resulting in blurry pics of moving objects. But turn OFF HDR when taking normal pics, especially if you or your subject is moving.

I too have an iPhone 6 and find it the same as the 5s, 5, 4s, etc. Sure the hardware is different and slight design changes but in fact, it's still the same ol' software. They give you a feature and call it "new". Like they will add...say...a clock to add to your home screen and call it iOS 9. Anywho, the iPhone takes good pics and video. No denying that. But it's still limited to 8 MP. Any 8 MP camera is going to take fast, more consistent pictures because if it's low pixel count. If you set the N4 to take 8 MP pictures, it performs the same as the iPhone. It's just that 16 MP has many, many more pixels to render so it takes longer, and of coarse, more inconsistent.
    11-06-2014 04:30 AM
    Glad you decided to embrace the learning curve. When I converted. I did tonnes of research BEFORE even buying the phone, but still there were so many things to learn. It actually took me 3 months to like and appreciate the Android OS.
    11-06-2014 05:52 AM
    Make sure you read the manual. Everything you need to know should be in there. I read it all the time to explore new ways of using my phone.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-06-2014 06:16 AM
    Patience is the key. My wife was a long time iphone user and she made the switch to the N4. It was painful at first for her but she loves the N4 now. It helped that she had me to make the switch easier (I've been using Android for 6 years). I think it's the overwhelming amount of options that frustrates folks coming from ios.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    GregMargie likes this.
    11-06-2014 12:28 PM
    Patience is the key. My wife was a long time iphone user and she made the switch to the N4. It was painful at first for her but she loves the N4 now. It helped that she had me to make the switch easier (I've been using Android for 6 years). I think it's the overwhelming amount of options that frustrates folks coming from ios.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    It can be overwhelming, but in time she will figure out all of the features and which ones she wants to use.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-06-2014 06:05 PM