So can we sue samsung for false advertisement (camera related) ???

C5p0

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I NOTICE I am not the only one but everyone claims to have issues with the camera. The commercial claims OIS and it will take good shots while moving but with the littlest of movements everything will become a blur .. it also claims the best camera but it takes horrible low light pictures.. can someone help me with tips and tricks ? Is there an OIS setting to turn on I know there is for the video recording but for the photos is it automatically on already ?

Posted via the Android Central App

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I NOTICE I am not the only one but everyone claims to have issues with the camera. The commercial claims OIS and it will take good shots while moving but with the littlest of movements everything will become a blur .. it also claims the best camera but it takes horrible low light pictures.. can someone help me with tips and tricks ? Is there an OIS setting to turn on I know there is for the video recording but for the photos is it automatically on already ?

Before taking a picture, hit the mode button first, scroll down to download, it will bring you to Samsung's app store, where you can download sports mode. That should solve your problem for fast moving objects.

Once you launch your camera app hit the gear wheel (settings), then click the three dots and click on help. That should give you some pointers.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: so can we sue samsung for false advertisement ???

No you won't be able to sue them for that. I guarantee there are * and things on the bottom of the screen saying certain conditions can effect things.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Sports mode does nothing for my blurred shots. Hopefully you have better luck

C5p0

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

Same issue sports mode doesn't do anything same result just a more crappy result

anon(5316299)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Same issue sports mode doesn't do anything same result just a more crappy result

Eh? This is easily the best camera phone i've had. ..and I have a lumia 1020, Nokia n8, and a Sony z3. The Nokia phones have lovely resolution but the 1020 can't get white balance right, and colors are amazingly over saturated. The n8 would be great if the os was usable. Z3 has focus and over processing issues. OIS on the note 4 is working very well here. Wanna buy a yellow 1020 with matching grip?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

No you won't be able to sue them for that. I guarantee there are * and things on the bottom of the screen saying certain conditions can effect things.

Actually, he sure can. Anyone can sue anybody for anything. The question is whether the complaint would be laughed out of court on a motion to dismiss.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

You ever notice how all these posts about Samsung sucking, being evil, lying and raping babies...always are new and have like 11 posts?

Posted by my Note 4, or Nexus 9...****, maybe by a Note 2014 ed. or hell...maybe it was this Nexus 4 or 5...oh, snap...there's Nexus 7. okay, I need to clean...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I can take pictures of moving cars.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/455478-note-4-pictures-taken-cars-motion.html

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Actually, he sure can. Anyone can sue anybody for anything. The question is whether the complaint would be laughed out of court on a motion to dismiss.

I guess so.. I'm basically saying he won't win.. I guarantee there is something at the bottom of the commercial... Just like Verizon says "watch NFL mobile for free with the more everything plan"... But if people didn't know any better they'd use their data up in a second.. And at the bottom it tells you data usage applies.

Trinatek

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

By the way -- you did take off the plastic film from the lens, right?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

Can you take off thesmart stabilization function in camera settings...that helped with blurry pics for me. Youmay have to scrolldown in camera settings to find it and turn it off.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

By the way -- you did take off the plastic film from the lens, right?

doesn't matter. plastic film doesn't cover the sensor, only the surrounding, which isn't a part of the picture anyway.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't have any of these issues. My note takes better low light pics than the iPhone 6.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Of course you can spend your money on a baseless, futile lawsuit. Be sure to take pictures for us. :)

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

Sports mode does nothing for my blurred shots. Hopefully you have better luck
You must be doing something wrong or there is another problem. I have taken shots of fast moving vehicles with sports mode, and they are in focus and look like they are still.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

You must be doing something wrong or there is another problem. I have taken shots of fast moving vehicles with sports mode, and they are in focus and look like they are still.

I figure the same thing. It's just weird because I don't know how you can screw up holding the phone and pressing on the shutter button. I've taken very good shots on a few phones that i've owned in the past like the Nexus 5 and the S3. The Nexus had a notoriously inconsistent camera, yet I got my best shots with it. Yet with this Note, having arguably the best camera hardware of any Android I cannot get a non-blurry shot. I've tried HDR on, Sports Mode, upped my ISO, set everything to auto, and still nothing consistently works. Sure, i'll get a few really good ones but I find myself deleting far more than I save. And I am NOT a photo snob so for me to delete a photo it has to be pretty bad.

palmor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
If you have hdr turned on then image stabilization is turned off.

2nd, I don't know exactly what your issue issue is (photos would help) you can't out smart physics. If you don't have enough light for your situation and you can't increase ISO, fstop, or add light (flash) then there isn't anything you can do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital