11-09-2014 11:35 PM
27 12
tools
    I NOTICE I am not the only one but everyone claims to have issues with the camera. The commercial claims OIS and it will take good shots while moving but with the littlest of movements everything will become a blur .. it also claims the best camera but it takes horrible low light pictures.. can someone help me with tips and tricks ? Is there an OIS setting to turn on I know there is for the video recording but for the photos is it automatically on already ?

Posted via the Android Central App
    islandbaby and mbabee like this.
    11-05-2014 11:49 PM
    I NOTICE I am not the only one but everyone claims to have issues with the camera. The commercial claims OIS and it will take good shots while moving but with the littlest of movements everything will become a blur .. it also claims the best camera but it takes horrible low light pictures.. can someone help me with tips and tricks ? Is there an OIS setting to turn on I know there is for the video recording but for the photos is it automatically on already ?

Before taking a picture, hit the mode button first, scroll down to download, it will bring you to Samsung's app store, where you can download sports mode. That should solve your problem for fast moving objects.

Once you launch your camera app hit the gear wheel (settings), then click the three dots and click on help. That should give you some pointers.

11-05-2014 11:55 PM
    No you won't be able to sue them for that. I guarantee there are * and things on the bottom of the screen saying certain conditions can effect things.
    iOSConvert2k14 likes this.
    11-06-2014 12:04 AM
    Best is subjective.
    monsieurms likes this.
    11-06-2014 12:12 AM
    Sports mode does nothing for my blurred shots. Hopefully you have better luck
    mbabee likes this.
    11-06-2014 12:35 AM
    This thing has a camera?
    11-06-2014 12:38 AM
    Same issue sports mode doesn't do anything same result just a more crappy result

mbabee likes this.
    11-06-2014 12:57 AM
    Same issue sports mode doesn't do anything same result just a more crappy result

Eh? This is easily the best camera phone i've had. ..and I have a lumia 1020, Nokia n8, and a Sony z3. The Nokia phones have lovely resolution but the 1020 can't get white balance right, and colors are amazingly over saturated. The n8 would be great if the os was usable. Z3 has focus and over processing issues. OIS on the note 4 is working very well here. Wanna buy a yellow 1020 with matching grip?
    monsieurms likes this.
    11-06-2014 06:27 AM
    No you won't be able to sue them for that. I guarantee there are * and things on the bottom of the screen saying certain conditions can effect things.
    Actually, he sure can. Anyone can sue anybody for anything. The question is whether the complaint would be laughed out of court on a motion to dismiss.
    raqball and monsieurms like this.
    11-06-2014 07:43 AM
    You ever notice how all these posts about Samsung sucking, being evil, lying and raping babies...always are new and have like 11 posts?

Posted by my Note 4, or Nexus 9...****, maybe by a Note 2014 ed. or hell...maybe it was this Nexus 4 or 5...oh, snap...there's Nexus 7. okay, I need to clean...
    skippyg and turtlebear like this.
    11-06-2014 08:35 AM

I can take pictures of moving cars.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...rs-motion.html

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-06-2014 08:58 AM
    Actually, he sure can. Anyone can sue anybody for anything. The question is whether the complaint would be laughed out of court on a motion to dismiss.
    I guess so.. I'm basically saying he won't win.. I guarantee there is something at the bottom of the commercial... Just like Verizon says "watch NFL mobile for free with the more everything plan"... But if people didn't know any better they'd use their data up in a second.. And at the bottom it tells you data usage applies.
    11-06-2014 09:07 AM
    By the way -- you did take off the plastic film from the lens, right?
    11-06-2014 04:20 PM
    Can you take off thesmart stabilization function in camera settings...that helped with blurry pics for me. Youmay have to scrolldown in camera settings to find it and turn it off.
    11-06-2014 04:24 PM
    By the way -- you did take off the plastic film from the lens, right?
    doesn't matter. plastic film doesn't cover the sensor, only the surrounding, which isn't a part of the picture anyway.
    11-06-2014 06:52 PM

I don't have any of these issues. My note takes better low light pics than the iPhone 6.

11-06-2014 06:58 PM
    Of course you can spend your money on a baseless, futile lawsuit. Be sure to take pictures for us.
    11-06-2014 07:00 PM
    Sports mode does nothing for my blurred shots. Hopefully you have better luck
    You must be doing something wrong or there is another problem. I have taken shots of fast moving vehicles with sports mode, and they are in focus and look like they are still.
    11-06-2014 08:45 PM
    You must be doing something wrong or there is another problem. I have taken shots of fast moving vehicles with sports mode, and they are in focus and look like they are still.
    I figure the same thing. It's just weird because I don't know how you can screw up holding the phone and pressing on the shutter button. I've taken very good shots on a few phones that i've owned in the past like the Nexus 5 and the S3. The Nexus had a notoriously inconsistent camera, yet I got my best shots with it. Yet with this Note, having arguably the best camera hardware of any Android I cannot get a non-blurry shot. I've tried HDR on, Sports Mode, upped my ISO, set everything to auto, and still nothing consistently works. Sure, i'll get a few really good ones but I find myself deleting far more than I save. And I am NOT a photo snob so for me to delete a photo it has to be pretty bad.
    11-07-2014 11:13 AM
    If you have hdr turned on then image stabilization is turned off.

2nd, I don't know exactly what your issue issue is (photos would help) you can't out smart physics. If you don't have enough light for your situation and you can't increase ISO, fstop, or add light (flash) then there isn't anything you can do.
    Yellow-06-GT likes this.
    11-07-2014 08:35 PM
    I find the camera seriously lags and I've had more blurry shots than my Note 2. I feel like the lens hunts for focus too much and then when I hit the button, it's focused on something I didn't intend to.

In terms of the lag, I was storing the images on my card and it would literally be more than 5 seconds to process after a shot. My screen would time out and go black before it was done. I thought it was the speed of my card so I switched storage to the internal memory. That helped, but it's still very slow. Is this how everyone's behaves?
    11-07-2014 10:12 PM
    I find the camera seriously lags and I've had more blurry shots than my Note 2. I feel like the lens hunts for focus too much and then when I hit the button, it's focused on something I didn't intend to.

In terms of the lag, I was storing the images on my card and it would literally be more than 5 seconds to process after a shot. My screen would time out and go black before it was done. I thought it was the speed of my card so I switched storage to the internal memory. That helped, but it's still very slow. Is this how everyone's behaves?
    Not at all. Do you have on hdr or something that had to process each shot?

11-07-2014 10:52 PM
    "I NOTICE I am not the only one but everyone claims to have issues with the camera."
    Over generalize much???
    In light of the fact that many claim they don't have your issues with the phone's camera it would seem more likely that you simply don't know how to use the camera and can't be bothered to learn. Oh wait, that would be operator error.Could it be you should sue yourself?
    skippyg and Yellow-06-GT like this.
    11-07-2014 11:36 PM
    No HDR is not on.
    11-07-2014 11:37 PM
    I figure the same thing. It's just weird because I don't know how you can screw up holding the phone and pressing on the shutter button. I've taken very good shots on a few phones that i've owned in the past like the Nexus 5 and the S3. The Nexus had a notoriously inconsistent camera, yet I got my best shots with it. Yet with this Note, having arguably the best camera hardware of any Android I cannot get a non-blurry shot. I've tried HDR on, Sports Mode, upped my ISO, set everything to auto, and still nothing consistently works. Sure, i'll get a few really good ones but I find myself deleting far more than I save. And I am NOT a photo snob so for me to delete a photo it has to be pretty bad.
    Any mode you invoke including sports mode, will have less of an effect in less than ideal lighting conditions. If you are outdoors during the day in good light, you should be o.k.
    11-09-2014 07:12 PM
27 12