Wifi Internet connection issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingb1186

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I am having problems with note and my home internet. It will go on and off. It will say strong connection but is not working. When I go to Internet settings, it says scanning. I have tried restarting phone, clearing cache, and checking and unckecking scanning button. Ps4 and computer is fine on internet.

Posted via the Android Central App

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Internet issues

I am having problems with note and my home internet. It will go on and off. It will say strong connection but is not working. When I go to Internet settings, it says scanning. I have tried restarting phone, clearing cache, and checking and unckecking scanning button. Ps4 and computer is fine on internet.

I'm having the same issue.

I posted a very detailed report.

Please take the time to read my post.

Its posted under the 'known issues'.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post to another message. If I can I will update this post.

I want to contact Samsung and I need to call back Sprint with my findings on some things I tried.

But for now, I've found the fastest fix was to just do a restart of the phone.

Don't bother to fiddle with your settings. There is noting wrong with your settings especially if one minute your fine connected to you home network via WiFi from Note 4 and the next you notice that the Note 4 has switched to LTE services via cellular network.

Since you are the second from my point of view, it usually means there are others like ourselves. And we need to find those affected and band together so that Samsung can see its a REAL problem.

Let me see about getting link posted.

Here is the link:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4030763

So very glad I found your post.

Thanks

Rob

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trinatek

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Internet issues

I've previously posted about the issue as well. Adjust the wireless settings on your router, and that could resolve the issue. It has for me.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I've previously posted about the issue as well. Adjust the wireless settings on your router, and that could resolve the issue. It has for me.

Just changed channel on router and seems to be better now.

What settings and channels are you guys using? I have moved to a couple different channels (1 and 6 (Most clear in my area)) and not seeing much of a difference.

maistro

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to reboot to connect at home and at work. Modifying work router settings is not an option, our corporate office has these on lock-down but reboot works. Will not connect to my Wifi controlled Parrot AR Drone, have to keep my S3 around for that.

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having Wi-Fi issues on my AT&T Note 4 where the phone is connected to the Wi-Fi network but has no Internet access. Turning Wi-Fi off and back on again fixes the problem only temporarily, and forgetting the network and reconnecting has no effect whatsoever, as with clearing the cache and fiddling with other settings that might affect Internet connection. I'm desperately looking for solutions to this problem. Any help is appreciated. I'm not finding that much conclusive evidence online as to why this is happening.

Is this a known problem with Android 4.4.4 or some kind of software issue that can be fixed in an update? I really hope it's not a hardware-related issue.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Update on my wifi issues. I am about 99% sure this is a software issue.

I ended up calling up Verizon business support to make a complaint. We took a while but at the end they submitted a ticket to samsung. So I would enocourage anyone with issues to call up your carriers and get those tickets to Samsung.

Pretty sure this is a bug with how the IP's are assigned. You might check the IP the phone is being assigned and if it conflicts with something else on your network.

anon9453038

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy Note 4 - wifi won't always connect when I'm out and about...it just grinds away trying to connect. Very annoying.
I also doesn't ALWAYS automatically connect to my home or office network.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar post here. WiFi is connected to the router but no Internet.

Someone in my thread suggested switching to a static IP. I've switched it but wasn't having problems this morning. It's usually when I get home from work.

rjsquiresjr

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I have been experiencing the same problem.

I went as far as to exchange my Xfinity router....and now my phone. I have a "like" new note 4 and I found that the problem was with the Lollipop upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21