I tried, turn on Flashlight, activate Torch ... but I always get that s voice didnt find the app named Flashlight .. even though that's how it's displayed on the homescreen.

Turning on the flashlight from a distance just using a voice command would be awesome at night.. does somebody know how to do it?
    11-06-2014 05:37 AM
    I have had the Note 3 & now the Note 4 and I have never heard of any voice activation for the 'flashlight'.
    11-06-2014 08:05 AM
    Download Commandr in the play store. It enhances Google now. With this you can say turn on flash light or "torch on" and it will come on. It will also add many other commands. Check it out.
    11-06-2014 10:26 AM
    I downloaded Commandr , but does this mean i'll have to sacrifice using s voice ? Apparently it blocks S voice from using voice feedback..
    11-06-2014 01:20 PM
    I tried, turn on Flashlight, activate Torch ... but I always get that s voice didnt find the app named Flashlight .. even though that's how it's displayed on the homescreen.

Turning on the flashlight from a distance just using a voice command would be awesome at night.. does somebody know how to do it?
    I haven't tried it, but if it's an app, try run, launch, or start Flashlight.
    11-06-2014 03:28 PM

Yeah, for some reason Samsung's own flashlight app is incompatible with Samsung's Svoice. Try using a different flashlight app from the play store and it "should" work.
    lpcs1 likes this.
    11-06-2014 04:06 PM
    I would imagine they didn't want "ok Google, and flashlight" to come up in a conversation, which then causes the flashlight to catch your pants on fire as it stays on for an hour in your pocket lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    lpcs1 likes this.
    11-06-2014 04:29 PM
    Yeah, for some reason Samsung's own flashlight app is incompatible with Samsung's Svoice. Try using a different flashlight app from the play store and it "should" work.
    Thanks it works just fine !
    11-06-2014 04:46 PM
    Download Commandr in the play store. It enhances Google now. With this you can say turn on flash light or "torch on" and it will come on. It will also add many other commands. Check it out.
    Thank you for the tip on this app....looks interesting and I am downloading now to try on my Good Old Note 2......while I wait to get my Note 4!!!
    Update: Just said, turn on flashlight and it worked perfectly! Thank you again for sharing that app tip! Love it!
    11-06-2014 05:40 PM
    I downloaded Commandr , but does this mean i'll have to sacrifice using s voice ? Apparently it blocks S voice from using voice feedback..
    Yes, I think so. Honestly though... Google now is a billion times better. Have you played around with them both? If not you will probably Google now more as it trumps cortana and even the oh so great siri in hundreds of tests.
    Thank you for the tip on this app....looks interesting and I am downloading now to try on my Good Old Note 2......while I wait to get my Note 4!!!
    Update: Just said, turn on flashlight and it worked perfectly! Thank you again for sharing that app tip! Love it!
    No problem man. Glad you like it.
    11-06-2014 07:11 PM
    Yes, I think so. Honestly though... Google now is a billion times better. Have you played around with them both? If not you will probably Google now more as it trumps cortana and even the oh so great siri in hundreds of tests.

No problem man. Glad you like it.
    Woman... LOL!
    11-06-2014 09:41 PM
    Woman... LOL!
    Ah. I actually thought about that too, saw Greg and just made the assumption. My apologies, my lady!
    11-06-2014 09:56 PM
    Ah. I actually thought about that too, saw Greg and just made the assumption. My apologies, my lady!
    No worries and no apology necessary, but thank you! I can definitely understand the assumption! I was very new to the forum scene when I created that Avatar name and guess I didn't really think about what I was creating! Have a good day!
    11-07-2014 08:15 AM
    Touch the microphone and say "lumos" to turn on! "Nox" to turn off
    11-07-2016 09:15 PM

On my Note 4 I just say "Ok Google turn on flashlight" and it does.
    11-08-2016 09:29 AM

11-11-2016 12:59 AM
    On a,Galaxy S6, hit the Google microphone. Then say "lumos" to turn it on
    Hit the microphone and say "nox" to turn it off
    11-11-2016 01:00 AM