How do I get my volume to go higher on my Note 4?

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Volume limits on the Note 4

Hello all,

I've always been bothered by the capped volume limits (health regulation, I know, please don't tell me that it's bad for me, not why I'm here), on the most recent smartphones.

When I'm in the street, I can barely hear my music in the headphones and when I'm at the gym I like to put it very loud. There used to be a mod that I used on my rooted S5 to boost the volume, but it does not work in the Note 4 (or maybe it has to do with Kitkat 4.4.4. I am assuming that the file containing the volume restriction has been moved in the system or the name has been changed, and the only way now is to make the necessary change in the system manually.

The good news is that my Note 4 is already rooted, so I can use a root explorer to locate the file (and the right line within the file) to change to volume limit value.
The bad news is that I have no idea where to locate that file in the phone!

I would be very grateful, and I am sure that it will help a lot of other people too, if someone could point out to us where that file is, and what change to make to unlock the headphone volume of my Note 4!

I thank you all in advance for your time and I hope to get an answer soon !

Cheers,
Steven

Last edited:

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Volume limits on the Note 4

While I have not fix for the phone I would suggest getting headphones that seal into the ear or seal around the ear better. Open style sound good but usually best on a quite location regardless of input volume.

I will test at home and see what I think.

ohbreeeezy

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Get some of these!
speakers-headphones-pictures.jpg

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Don't know what you are talking about. When I turn my note up it gives the hearing loss warning and has you click OK to continue with voluntary hearing loss. My XBA earbuds pretty much just blow my eardrums into my sinus with full volume on the Note 4.

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

Hello all,

I've always been bothered by the capped volume limits (health regulation, I know, please don't tell me that it's bad for me, not why I'm here), on the most recent smartphones.

When I'm in the street, I can barely hear my music in the headphones and when I'm at the gym I like to put it very loud. There used to be a mod that I used on my rooted S5 to boost the volume, but it does not work in the Note 4 (or maybe it has to do with Kitkat 4.4.4. I am assuming that the file containing the volume restriction has been moved in the system or the name has been changed, and the only way now is to make the necessary change in the system manually.

The good news is that my Note 4 is already rooted, so I can use a root explorer to locate the file (and the right line within the file) to change to volume limit value.
The bad news is that I have no idea where to locate that file in the phone!

I would be very grateful, and I am sure that it will help a lot of other people too, if someone could point out to us where that file is, and what change to make to unlock the headphone volume of my Note 4!

I thank you all in advance for your time and I hope to get an answer soon !

Cheers,
Steven

Settings -application setting-call- personilaze call sound. Pick adapt and go through the setup.
Should do the job, had same issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

Thank you do much for this but this did not help. I am not trying to raise the volume during phone calls, but in my headphones when I listen to spotify or other music apps.
I know from the past that I need to find a file within the system with a root explorer, and modify the text for the volume limits to be higher.

If any one has any idea, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Use a good quality set of IEM's (in ear monitor's). They typically get about 120 DB which is enough to damage your eardrums at high volumes...

I use Westone UM2C's...and you can't crank volume all the way up without permanent ear damage...

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

As of now I am using the regular apple headphones, you think this may be the problem? Should I get some beats?

Cheers,
Steven

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital