i would love to remap the soft left button to settings and the home button to previous used apps like it was on note 2.

Any way?

THANKS!
    11-06-2014 01:05 PM
    I think the only way to do this is to root your phone and either use a 3rd party app or apply a hack.

And I'm with you, I prefer the Home button for multitasking instead of the new multitasking button... it's just more within reach when using with one hand on the Note 4.
    11-06-2014 01:49 PM
    I think the only way to do this is to root your phone and either use a 3rd party app or apply a hack.

And I'm with you, I prefer the Home button for multitasking instead of the new multitasking button... it's just more within reach when using with one hand on the Note 4.
    The last part of your message, LMAO WHAT?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-06-2014 07:44 PM
    i would love to remap the soft left button to settings and the home button to previous used apps like it was on note 2.

Any way?

THANKS!
    Yep. That's exactly how I have phone set up. You have to root then use a mod.
    11-06-2014 08:06 PM
    The last part of your message, LMAO WHAT?

Posted via the Android Central App
    With the Note 3, if you were holding it with one hand, you could still multitask by holding the home button, which you can easily reach with your thumb when only using one hand. Now, with the new multitasking button on the far left, you can't reach out for that one-handed without either straining your finger or dropping your phone. The Home Button, to me, was a much better suited candidate for this particular function because of its placement.
    11-07-2014 01:14 PM

Any way?

THANKS!
    PS: I forgot. You can still use the multitasking button as a Settings/Menu button without root or modifications. Just press and hold that button.
    westcoaststyle likes this.
    11-07-2014 01:14 PM
    PS: I forgot. You can still use the multitasking button as a Settings/Menu button without root or modifications. Just press and hold that button.
    Whoa, did not know that. Thanks for the tip! Coming from an S3, I was used to using that button for settings/menu.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-07-2014 01:35 PM
    thanks for the info. i will just deal since i am not rooting. i did know if you hold down left soft button for settings but its such a waste to have really little use for the main home button.
    11-08-2014 08:47 AM
    (No Root needed) You could try this. Install NOVA launcher, and in gestures setting you can assign either a NOVA action -- which will allow you to open the recent app screen -- or any other APP for the home button. Mine launches the Screen Off App, which in turn puts my screen to sleep.

I will Root my phone eventually, Just waiting for the Lollipop update first.
    11-08-2014 10:14 AM