Defective Unit?

SJAprilMay

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
So this morning all my calls started going directly to voicemail. Phone tech support walked through every possible setting to no avail and finally suggested I get a new SIM card. The new SIM card did not work, nor did resetting, removing battery, etc so I was forced to do a master reset (three days of setting up my phone perfectly down the drain). This DID work and I can now receive calls but I wonder if my phone is defective. Has anyone ever had to do a master reset for this reason? This is the first time in a dozen android phones that it has happened to me.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
These things can unfortunately happen, I have never experienced it. However on these forums it has happened to others with various devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
So this morning all my calls started going directly to voicemail. Phone tech support walked through every possible setting to no avail and finally suggested I get a new SIM card. The new SIM card did not work, nor did resetting, removing battery, etc so I was forced to do a master reset (three days of setting up my phone perfectly down the drain). This DID work and I can now receive calls but I wonder if my phone is defective. Has anyone ever had to do a master reset for this reason? This is the first time in a dozen android phones that it has happened to me.

It was most likely something wrong with your phone receiving wrong, incorrect, or partial data/signal from the towers. This is usually fixed by having your carrier re-provision (reset) the phone on their end. It's essentially shutting your phone off then them setting it back up again. This is achieved without losing any of your data.

And yes....this has happened to me (on Sprint) a couple of times now but I've chalked it up to being in a low coverage area. I've also noticed Samsung doesn't hand off to other carriers towers (roaming) as other phones do.

Hoped this helped!

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Its a carrier thing...sometimes that just happens. I have sprint and at random times my phone will not ring, it just goes to VM, even when my phone sitting there alone...been doing it at random times for years...i have 2 friends that has different phones, but same service and they phones do the same thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

SJAprilMay

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies - makes me feel so much better - maybe won't have to have a new one shipped out....gonna set it all back up and cross my fingers. LOVE this phone too much to not give it a chance!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stark