03-31-2015 10:15 PM
53 123
tools
    I've heard claims of better battery life and smoother performance. I've heard people say it adds nothing but longer reboot times (and it's true that reboot times take forever on ART). As I mentioned upthread, it appeared to have improved the recent apps button delay for me.
    Can you switch back without any problems?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-31-2015 06:54 PM
    I have all animations set to off. I use Dodol Launcher. I have no lag whatsoever. Don't think I had lag on stock TW either.
    03-31-2015 09:10 PM
    So I'm not sure which one of the following suggestions was the one that did it, but after doing the following things, nearly all of the lag is gone from my device, even when I press the recent apps key. I have the AT&T variant and one of my biggest complaints has been the random lag and the lag that was always apparent when pressing the recent apps key.

This is just a mixture of various tips I've seen on the forum and after doing all of them, the Note 4 screams! I noticed that the recent apps key lag went away only after I disabled a bunch of apps, so I'm not sure which app would've been causing it to lag.

Here are the steps I took:

1. I wiped the cache partition by turning the phone off, then holding the volume up button along with the home and power button.

2. I use Nova Launcher and under the "Look and feel" settings, I have Scroll Speed and Animation Speed set to "Faster than light"

3. Under Developer Options, I have all animations set to 1x.

4. Under Application Manager, I have disabled the following apps:
    AT&T FamilyMap, AT&T Hot Spots, AT&T Live, AT&T Locker, AT&T Mail, AT&T Mobile Locate, AT&T Navigator, AT&T Ready2GO, AT&T Smart Wi-Fi, Caller Name ID, Device Help, DirectShareManager, DriveMode, Famigo, Flipboard, Games, Hancom Office 2014, Instagram, Keeper, Messages (I use EvolveSMS), S Health, S Voice, TalkBack, Wallet (ISIS), and YP.

Just wanted to let you guys know what worked for me and hopefully it'll work for others who may be experiencing lag.
    I had some issues with lag time, and performed step 1, and step 2 above. On step 3, I chose to leave animation off completely in developer mode. step 4 did not apply to me because I have Verizon as opposed to AT&T, but I have disabled several apps including talkback. my phone is now blazingly fast. it was fast before but the lag was annoying. it is much faster now and I did disable TouchWiz before I wiped the cache and rebooted. Nova Launcher really did seem to make a difference for me, but I think it was a combination of everything I did because I tried to Nova before without doing the other steps, and it didn't seem to make a lot of difference with speed or lag . anyway, I like exactly how it is now and I'm not going to change anything for the time being :-) that is, until someone figures out how to root this thing...

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-31-2015 10:15 PM
53 123