First time Android user here. I'm not really satisfied with the Note 4 battery life and it seems it's draining like 5% an hour when I'm not really using the phone. This is what I get on the battery usage and I was surprised that there are a lot of stuff under Android System. Is this normal? Is there a way to disable some of these? And which ones should I disable if I can? Thanks.My carrier is Verizon.
    Attached Thumbnails Android System and Battery Life-1.jpg   Android System and Battery Life-galaxy-android-system.jpg  
    11-07-2014 06:26 PM
    First time Android user here. I'm not really satisfied with the Note 4 battery life and it seems it's draining like 5% an hour when I'm not really using the phone. This is what I get on the battery usage and I was surprised that there are a lot of stuff under Android System. Is this normal? Is there a way to disable some of these? And which ones should I disable if I can? Thanks.My carrier is Verizon.
    Well first off welcome to Android central. From my understanding Verizon has not issued an update to handle the battery issue yet. However, the update should be right around the corner. In the mean time you can start by toning down some of the things you don't need or use on the phone. For instance you can lower the back light from 30 seconds to 15 seconds. You can also shut off some of the Samsung features like smart stay and so forth. Good luck with your device you will love it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-07-2014 07:52 PM
    This is what I got so far.

USMC97
    Attached Thumbnails Android System and Battery Life-note4.-46hrs.jpg   Android System and Battery Life-note4.-46hrs...jpg  
    11-07-2014 09:00 PM
    This is what I got so far.

USMC97
    2 days off 1 single charge?

11-07-2014 10:48 PM
    Ultra power save.

You will have enough power until Note 5 comes out.
    11-07-2014 10:53 PM
    Please read the other 5 active threads. Verizon isn't going to issue anything for this because there isn't a problem. I read them all every day and it's all in what people are running. I find the odd app here and there that drains mine. Others have things like a document that is prompting constant updates. The causes for problems seem to be many but there isn't a system problem Verizon needs to fix according to a number of people here and on XDA. And tere are too many people that have great life and no problems. This isn't like what happened on the Note 3 KitKat update that pretty much everyone in the forum agreed messed up the battery and the radio on the Verizon GN3s...

Well first off welcome to Android central. From my understanding Verizon has not issued an update to handle the battery issue yet. However, the update should be right around the corner. In the mean time you can start by toning down some of the things you don't need or use on the phone. For instance you can lower the back light from 30 seconds to 15 seconds. You can also shut off some of the Samsung features like smart stay and so forth. Good luck with your device you will love it.

exdrinker likes this.
    11-08-2014 09:58 AM
    Please read the other 5 active threads. Verizon isn't going to issue anything for this because there isn't a problem. I read them all every day and it's all in what people are running. I find the odd app here and there that drains mine. Others have things like a document that is prompting constant updates. The causes for problems seem to be many but there isn't a system problem Verizon needs to fix according to a number of people here and on XDA. And tere are too many people that have great life and no problems. This isn't like what happened on the Note 3 KitKat update that pretty much everyone in the forum agreed messed up the battery and the radio on the Verizon GN3s...
    If you are a heavy user you will get 7hrs straight with the battery. Anyone with a day or two it's not accurate. Some people with leave there phone overnight and that will accumulate some hours on the phone. But that does not necessarily mean they got two days of battery life of the phone. With Moderate use of the cell phone you could probably get about 15hrs it all depends how you use the phone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    11-08-2014 10:13 AM
    2 days off 1 single charge?

The phone could have been on stand by most of the time and it accumulated some hours with that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    11-08-2014 10:14 AM
    Yep!

USMC97
    11-08-2014 05:46 PM
    Well how much battery life are you getting???

USMC97
    11-08-2014 05:48 PM
    Well how much battery life are you getting???

USMC97
    I get around 3hrs on screen time and 11 full use...i am a heavy user tho...i gets my money's worth...

11-08-2014 08:16 PM
    Kool. I should have explained my usage a little better cause there's a few people that are a little brain dead. I use my phone moderate to heavy at times and it gains hours when I'm sleeping. My point was to see how long i could go without having to charge it everyday like most do.

USMC97
    11-08-2014 09:37 PM