how much you getting out of your battery on average

currentdroiduser

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey I might consider this or the turbo. Now online on Verizon it says that it lasts 31.4 hours. That's suppose on normal mode. How close are you getting to that? Any one use battery save mode? How many more hours that push it? If you use ultra save mode how much can you push it...if using either of these can this phone last more than 48 hrs/ two days and beat the turbo?

Posted via the Android Central App

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I Average around 12 hours full use and around 3.5 hours of screen on time.

Some here are getting 18-21 hours full and 7-8 hours on screen

Im not sure how, i dout they are really getting that much out of this thing. If you ask me, they are charging it up some thru out the day...the numbers wont reset until you fullly chage it

zeeesss

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Right now my phone is running for 19 hours and 13 mins on battery with 53% battery still left

Screen time on is almost 3 hours right now. With these stats it will last more than a day so its pretty good.

I got it a day before yesterday and since then i have charged it just once.

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Perfect example. I charged my phone a bit last night,but didn't charge when i went to bed...so this is what my numbers look like this morning.. it looks like 1 single charge

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-08-07-00-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-08-07-00-16.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_2014-11-08-07-00-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-08-07-00-20.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 145

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Right now my phone is running for 19 hours and 13 mins on battery with 53% battery still left

Screen time on is almost 3 hours right now. With these stats it will last more than a day so its pretty good.

I got it a day before yesterday and since then i have charged it just once.

You must be in some kind of power saving mode or charged your phone in between. 48hrs full and 6hrs on screen makes no sense.

zeeesss

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
You must be in some kind of power saving mode or charged your phone in between. 48hrs full and 6hrs on screen makes no sense.

My power saving is off so im in no kind of power saving mode.

I didnt say i ran it for 48 hours i just said i got it a day before yesterday and by that i meant i got my note 4 a day before yesterday but the thing is that i charged it yesterday to 100% and its still on the same charge. From the pic below you can see that i have not charged in between and that power saving mode is also off.

My battery ia now below 50 because i was making a 4k video just after i made my first comment. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-08-13-17-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-08-13-17-02.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 132

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I know but i was estimating what your average would be if you ran it down to nothing. And it would be around 40 plus hours and 6 on screen...you just dont see thoses kind of weird numbers around here

kanesmith41

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten 40+hrs and now this on one full charge.

USMC97

Attachments

• Note4.  46hrs.jpg
    Note4. 46hrs.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 131
  • note4.  46hrs...jpg
    note4. 46hrs...jpg
    24 KB · Views: 130

zeeesss

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I know but i was estimating what your average would be if you ran it down to nothing. And it would be around 40 plus hours and 6 on screen...you just dont see thoses kind of weird numbers around here

Ahann hahha ok ok.... well bro thats how it is. Note 4 has a wonderfull battery but if some1 is not getting a good battery time then there has to be something wrong with some app etc.

MoonShade

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I can't show a screen shot because I charged it overnight. But on a typical work day I take it off the charger at 6:30 am use it all day at work as my primary phone for multiple hour long calls on a typical day. Usually emails, texting, some light browsing and other things such as calander twitter etc. When I get home around 7 I've never been below 50% and never have charged it in between. Typically I'll be a very heavy user after getting home and have made it until midnight most times still above 10%.

I bought the extra battery and charger and have only swapped out the battery 3 times since I've owned the phone since launch day. Hope this helps.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I get about 18hrs with %20 left. I use it throughout the day for Web browsing and music mostly. I also play a few games on it.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes your carrier and signal have a lot to do with your battery life as well.
OP, if you are only looking at battery life, the Turbo may beat the Note 4, but not by much. You are getting so much more from the Note 4 in my opinion. If you like more of a stock look and smaller screen, the Turbo is a great phone. If you want a bigger screen, like me, you won't regret the Note 4 at all.
To me, they don't compare since they are different sizes. For strictly battery life purposes, they would compare.

new2thisyeah

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I have gotten 40+ hours with over 8 hours onscreen time before. It can be done. If someone just used the phone casually, it could probably last
2 1/2 days.

I average over 8 hours of onscreen time but how long the charge will last depends on how I allocate that 8 hours.

1. On Verizon, near a big city.
2. Always on WiFi, no Bluetooth.
3. Disabled/uninstalled all unneeded apps and animations.
4. Auto brightness.
5. No power-saving mode.

Last edited:

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Id personally consider anything less than 6 hours screen on time unacceptable for this phone. Given a good signal and my typical settings. I pushed 6 with my GS 4 and hell my 1.5 year old HTC One recently got 5 even.

Where I need the extra battery life over my One is in terrible conditions: constantly going from 0 to 1 bars of signal in a basement and needing to last all day. That's where it's falling short.

Posted via Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Screen on times will vary depending on what your using and I find the battery life really good.

If I can average between 5-6hrs with my usage then I'll be happy.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Perfect example. I charged my phone a bit last night,but didn't charge when i went to bed...so this is what my numbers look like this morning.. it looks like 1 single charge

That doesn't make it look like it's a single charge at all. See how the line makes little peaks? That shows where you've charged it. A line that shows a single charge slopes, and the steepness indicates how fast the battery is draining.

new2thisyeah

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Id personally consider anything less than 6 hours screen on time unacceptable for this phone. Given a good signal and my typical settings. I pushed 6 with my GS 4 and hell my 1.5 year old HTC One recently got 5 even.

Where I need the extra battery life over my One is in terrible conditions: constantly going from 0 to 1 bars of signal in a basement and needing to last all day. That's where it's falling short.

Posted via Android Central App
Ha my IPhone 4s used to average 4 1/2 hours. I always had to worry about the charger... not fun.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Screen on times will vary depending on what your using and I find the battery life really good.

If I can average between 5-6hrs with my usage then I'll be happy.

Exactly. If you are playing games for 5 hours straight, your phone will probably be close to dead. If you just text and browse web pages, you will likely get a lot more.