Hello all,

I got the Gear S and Note 4 a few days ago. When I select "Samsung Gear Apps" within Samsung Gear Manager, I'm getting the following error.

" Error This device does not support Samsung GALAXY Apps. Check available devices on the Samsung GALAXY Apps website. (1004) "

Gear S: SM-R750D
    Note 4: SM-N910U

Got the Gear S in Tokyo, Japan and ordered the Note 4 from Expansys website so i don't think it's a region issue? I tried connecting VPN to many locations, cleared cache.. no luck.

I'm using the latest firmware, updated everything. I would assume that Note 4 is compatible with Gear Apps?

I tried the demo phone from a local shop and it was working. However, when you pair back, it will reset to factory defaults

Any help would be great!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Da
Samsung Gear Apps problem "device not compatible "!!-screenshot_2014-11-08-23-50-52.jpg  
    11-08-2014 08:56 AM
    I there, I to am getting this error on my note 3. It came after my recent update. I reset my gear 2 watch to my previous backup then uninstalled gear manager. After the backup had finished. After reinstalling gear manager it forced my watch to do a complete factory reset.so I lost my backup, I've lost every thing and still can't access samsung gear apps. Nor can I get back watch styler as it is nolonger available on play store.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-20-2015 10:03 PM
    Ok I just posted this question as well, I called and apparently there is an issue and the only way you can resolve it is go to an experienced shop like best buy and they have to manually Uninstall and reinstall something ( didn't catch exactly what he said ) it's something with a recent security update with the S5 and a few other phones.

Edit: he said the update was upgrading the Android security to Tizen, that's what's causing it.
    Galaxy note 4( Black)
    Galaxy Gear S (Black)
    Galaxy Gear 1-Tizen'ed(Black)
    Galaxy Tab 4- 7"(White)
    Galaxy Tab 2- 10.1"(Black)
    01-20-2015 10:10 PM
    Good news, you should be working fine right now, I logged in, no "not compatible" message!

Galaxy note 4( Black)
    Galaxy Gear S (Black)
    Galaxy Gear 1-Tizen'ed(Black)
    Galaxy Tab 4- 7"(White)
    Galaxy Tab 2- 10.1"(Black)
    01-21-2015 04:56 AM