So, I've had my note 4 for about a week now, and while playing games like Real Racing 3 or Asphalt 8, I notice low framerates, or even worse stutters/microstutters in Subway Surfers. Asphalt and Real Racing play at about 30fps, but from my knowledge this shouldn't happen since the phone has a Snapdragon 805 and the games don't even support 1440p yet.

Should I just send it in for a replacement, or is there something I can do to make it run better?
    11-08-2014 05:40 PM
    I've been playing asphalt 8 all day (just downloaded it today,). No problems here. Looks awesome, no stutters.

Posted via AC app on the NOTE 4
    11-09-2014 12:58 AM
    It shouldn't lag. I played Riptide on it and it doesn't lag at all. It does lag from time to time on my LG G3. Is your phone getting hot when it lags? You have alot of other apps running in the background?
    11-09-2014 06:52 AM
    So, I've had my note 4 for about a week now, and while playing games like Real Racing 3 or Asphalt 8, I notice low framerates, or even worse stutters/microstutters in Subway Surfers. Asphalt and Real Racing play at about 30fps, but from my knowledge this shouldn't happen since the phone has a Snapdragon 805 and the games don't even support 1440p yet.

Should I just send it in for a replacement, or is there something I can do to make it run better?
    I had this problem, along with questionable battery life. I did the suggested master reset, and fixed both problems. I would give that a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    11-09-2014 07:06 AM
    Subway Surfers is a pretty unoptimised game and you'll notice stutters on almost all kinds of phones.

The rest of the games should work fine though, try a hard reset maybe?
    11-09-2014 07:21 AM
    I had this problem, along with questionable battery life. I did the suggested master reset, and fixed both problems. I would give that a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Subway Surfers is a pretty unoptimised game and you'll notice stutters on almost all kinds of phones.

The rest of the games should work fine though, try a hard reset maybe?
    How does one do a hard/master reset?
    It shouldn't lag. I played Riptide on it and it doesn't lag at all. It does lag from time to time on my LG G3. Is your phone getting hot when it lags? You have alot of other apps running in the background?
    Those two don't stutter, but have low framerates. And yes, it does get hot.
    11-09-2014 09:57 AM

Try it with Airplane Mode on. Maybe your phone is busy doing other things (pulling data) or has a weak cell signal. Turn on airplane mode, close all other apps and this might help you isolate what could be causing the battery to get hot - affecting game performance.
    11-09-2014 07:29 PM

Here's a video on how to do a hard reset, before doing this backup your data onto your SD Card and pull it out.

Watch this video and reset your phone:

Also you need to ask around whether other Note 4's are heating up or not. If your Note 4 is one of the few that heats up and becomes laggy that could have something to do with thermal throttling.

Basically what thermal throttling does is that once your phone reaches a certain temperature it scales down the CPU and/or GPU so that your phone doesn't explode. Heating up generally means that your phone will start to thermal throttle.

But I wouldn't worry too much about it as lots of phones, including mine(Nexus 5) do heat up with intensive gaming.

Again, do a factory reset. Try the same games. If they still lag or stutter, get a replacement.
    11-10-2014 09:14 AM
    Have you find any solution yet? I had note 3 snapdragon and changed for note 4 snapdragon and same games are laggy. (Crossy Road , Dumb ways to Die...) On note 3 these games were smooth... The same games on note 4 are very very laggy...Is it something wrong with my device? Maybe it will be Fixed on Lollipop? AnTuTU benchmark scores 49230.
    01-21-2015 06:50 PM
    I have the exact problems, is lollipop better ????
    04-19-2015 11:27 AM