goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
When people tell you...
"Wow!", or
"You didn't take that shot.", or
"That doesn't look real.", or
"That looks like a professional shot.", or
"That looks like one of those photos that comes with a phone just to show off the screen. They took that with a professional camera."

One friend just kept smiling slyly when I described where I found this tree because she thought I just downloaded it from somewhere and didn't take it myself.

You know that the camera is great when you get that kind of reaction.

These are all comments I got tonight when showing this photo. Of course, I think that the QHD AMOLED screen help wow them too.

Taken with my Note 4. HDR mode. Enhanced with Snapseed.

Attachments

• 1415495342789.jpg
    1415495342789.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 174

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
That's how ppl told me about my breakfast said it look like it being on a menu

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20141108_130700.jpg
    20141108_130700.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 136

louee6

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I come from a Note 2 that had an exceptional camera , to upgrade to a Note 3 that had the ****tiest camera. I was skeptical about upgrading to Note 4, but boy ol-mighty am I blown away! They really did an excellent job on this camera!!

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I come from a Note 2 that had an exceptional camera , to upgrade to a Note 3 that had the ****tiest camera. I was skeptical about upgrading to Note 4, but boy ol-mighty am I blown away! They really did an excellent job on this camera!!
the note 3 camera was bad? the gs4 camera was amazing though

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
The note 4 takes horrible pictures with the front facing camera in low light situations, it also lags while moving the phone while using the front facing camera in those low light situations.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Note 3 outdoors is epic, what are you even saying?

Posted via the Android Central App

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Haha great image!

I have a Nexus 5 and this phone is also credited with having a bad camera however the images I've taken with it always come out great.

I would appreciate if you take a look:
http://imgur.com/a/cpKQZ

Anyways back to the topic of the Note 4, you'll be extremely pleased to know that in the forthcoming Android Lollipop update your Note 4 will have to capability to shoot in RAW format! This will dramatically increase the detail you capture and allow for way better post processing.

Here's some examples: http://youtu.be/op3cMaQPvhY

(In the above video the reference device is the OnePlusOne but rest assured the Note 4 will also get RAW support soon).

Excited? :D

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I also believe that it depends on the users adroitness in taking photos and being able to adjust settings. My ex-wife and I both had an iPhone 5S and we would both take pictures of our children. Same lighting, same subjects, same phones. But for some reason, her pictures always came out crappy and mine were perfect. I find the same to be true with other devices. While some, like the OP, are able to produce professional looking photos others do not. I love the pictures that my Note 4 takes. But I also loved the pictures my N3 and N2 took as well.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Haha great image!

I have a Nexus 5 and this phone is also credited with having a bad camera however the images I've taken with it always come out great.

I would appreciate if you take a look:
http://imgur.com/a/cpKQZ
Nice pictures! It's interesting to see normal everyday perspective pictures from other countries such as Pakistan. The tent picture was cool.

Anyways back to the topic of the Note 4, you'll be extremely pleased to know that in the forthcoming Android Lollipop update your Note 4 will have to capability to shoot in RAW format! This will dramatically increase the detail you capture and allow for way better post processing.

Here's some examples: http://youtu.be/op3cMaQPvhY

(In the above video the reference device is the OnePlusOne but rest assured the Note 4 will also get RAW support soon).

That's a very informative video. Thanks for sharing.

That's great to hear! I didn't know that. I've heard that RAW images are huge (even the video said so).
How big can they get with the Note's 16 megapixel camera?

andy roddy

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My neighbor got a fancy DSLR and has no knowledge about how to change the settings to get good shots (running it on auto). We both took pics at a party and the note's pics (on auto also) were surprisingly better.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Nice pictures! It's interesting to see normal everyday perspective pictures from other countries such as Pakistan. The tent picture was cool.

That's a very informative video. Thanks for sharing.

That's great to hear! I didn't know that. I've heard that RAW images are huge (even the video said so).
How big can they get with the Note's 16 megapixel camera?

The RAW files will be larger than JPEGs however I don't think they'll be larger than 25 MB.

I hope we get some RAW editing camera apps on the Play Store soon.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The note 4 takes horrible pictures with the front facing camera in low light situations, it also lags while moving the phone while using the front facing camera in those low light situations.
Use wide selfie mode

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Well, it is 16:9 I believe. But it runs smooth.

I just tried it out in a low light situation and it did run smoother then normal selfie mode. Is their anyway to get clearer shots with the front facing camera in low light situations?

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately, RAW images are much bigger, but won't offer much more dynamic range (highlight and shadow detail) than the JPEG images you now get from your phone. On a full-frame DSLR, I only shoot RAW, and the advantage over JPEG is huge. But as the sensor size gets smaller and the image resolution gets bigger, the pixels get MUCH smaller. Small pixels don't offer much in the way of dynamic range, thus, even with the mandatory post-processing, RAW images won't be much that better than the JPEGs you're now used to, especially in low-light.

The main advantage to RAW will be that you can adjust the white balance AFTER the image is taken. Frankly, the video shows about the same capabilities that you'd have if you post-processed the JPEG image (even though he indicates it isn't) - and most people aren't going to want to post-process all their images!

bert

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it out in a low light situation and it did run smoother then normal selfie mode. Is their anyway to get clearer shots with the front facing camera in low light situations?
Not that I am aware of.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance