Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Are you a power user?

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Are you a power user?

not sure what a power user means but im on mine all day for work and pleasure.

125 emails minimum
web browsing
texts all day long with customers and family
constantly looking up spec sheets i have in dropbox for material i sell.
reports
handful of pics on jobsites all day long

never used the spen on the note2, doubt ill ever use it on the 4

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

not sure what a power user means but im on mine all day for work and pleasure.

125 emails minimum
web browsing
texts all day long with customers and family
constantly looking up spec sheets i have in dropbox for material i sell.
reports
handful of pics on jobsites all day long

never used the spen on the note2, doubt ill ever use it on the 4
I think that qualifies you as a power user.

Note in my house!

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought it mostly for the big screen-- typing is much easier with a larger keyboard, Netflix & YouTube are much more enjoyable, working on school documents...etc.

At first, I thought I'd use the pen A LOT, seeing as though I am a pretty heavy S-Note user (coming from SGS2, SGS3, & SGS5).... but, mostly, I've only really used the SPen to play hangman or tic tac toe (which, I'm not gonna lie, is a very fun way to waste time while waiting for something like a food order or a movie to start.)

Overall though, I'm glad I chose the Note. I haven't been disappointed yet! Plus, the horsepower is great!

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site

I use the S-Pen every day at school. I also use the multi window alot to have my math homework open, and to have S note open so I can work out the math problems.

This was something I considered heavily when making the decision to buy, school integration.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
anyone have suggestions for me ? I am unable to use voice and data, simultaneously, it appears, even in 4g LTE * Is it possible that I have something set incorrectly? I can't determine what coverage I have While on a call either, because I don't haVe an indicator of 3G Or "spark". Help a girl out?

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I am a super power user. My boys think I'm crazy. I have tons of gadgets to use with my Note 3 and Note 4. Yes, I use both Not 3 and Note. I have my Note 3 running Police Scanner, or Capital Public Radio, Pandora, Audio Bible, still play games, check Facebook, E-mail (I keep complete copy of E-mail on both Note 3 and Note 4).

I use my 23-inch monitor for both Note 3/4. Some of my gadgets include: Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard (full size), Favi Mini Bluetooth Keyboard, Rii (white model) Mini Bluetooth Keyboard, Bludio Bluetooth Headphones, Samsung Earbuds, LuguLake Bluetooth Speakers (one set of blue, one silver), 1TB Samsung Harddrive, ZeroLemon 10000mAh Extended Battery (Note 3), Black Flipcase Note 3, Frost White Flip Case Note 4, RavPower 13000mAh Battery Pack, RavPower 14000mAh Battery Pack, Lots of USB Thumb Drives, tons of SDHC Memory cards (both regular size and micro), Macally Bluetooth Mouse, Kingston Card Reader, Mini Card Reader (one for Note 3, another for Note 4, they have different USB ports).

Last edited:

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I have learned to do so many things with Android since I got my Note 3 in December, 2013. I am still learning about Android .... I put my Note 3 and Note 4 to maximum use daily .... Video Editing ..... Audio Editing ..... S-Pen and S-Note (use everyday) ..... Editing .... Recording bird sounds ..... Lots of Home Videos ..... Thousands of pictures (I just discovered that my Note 4 has 8x Zoom !!! Editing PDF documents, Editing Text/Doc files .... Keeping a detailed (and very long) Personal Journal/Diary ..... Police Scanner ..... Searching for Job Assignments ..... Daily Notes/Reminders/Calendar .... Using Timers/Stopwatch (classroom/PE/Cooking .....) ..... Watching Movies, YouTube Videos ..... Research ..... Backup Files ..... Test Android apps (I'm an app junky, had almost 1,200 (that's one thousand two hundred) apps on my Note 4 at one time. Over 700 apps on my Note 4 now, almost 800 on my Note 3 ..... Gaming ..... Shopping ..... Paying Bills ..... Phone calls ..... Texting ..... S-Health ..... Sharing (Evernote, just learned how to use !!!) ..... playing Chess ..... Words with Friends ..... Skype (with friends all around the world) .....
Video Conferencing .....

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Add to my long Power-user list ..... Multi-window/Multi-Tasking ..... Downloading (Download Booster works great !) ..... S-Voice and Ok Google ..... GPS for mapping my ride (I cycle everywhere) ..... Google Search for directions and research .....

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I think at half a gig a day I might be a power user.

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and eat meat in it.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm a poweruser for sure, I have had my Note 4 since launch week in 2014.

Currently have personal GMail, personal Outlook and work Exchange going. I am a heavy user of MS OneNote, but I also use my Note 4 heavily for Instagram, FB, Twitter, Snapchat, Vine and WhatsApp.

I have a 128GB MicroSDXC in it loaded with a whole lot of my music, movies, pics and videos. I also use it as a place to backup certain files and documents.

I the SPen a lot e.g. for grabbing pieces of articles and webpages, copy/paste highlighting and the odd game of TicTacToe.

Its almost 2years old now, and I have abused it, despite all that it looks almost good as new, runs well and serves my needs well.

Hears hoping the Note6 is just as Power User Friendly.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I'm a power user. Use it for everything and a typical day is 5+ hours of screen time. Usually prefer to use my smartphone instead of my laptop (much more handy and don't want to wait for the boot up time).

I made a list of all the things that can be done with my smartphone. I came up with 70+ things. I need to update it with what the Note can do.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHd6R2FBdTN6NlZtREZhT2FqaXlWOUE6MQ
Thanks soo much for this list!!!