Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Are you a power user?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I was responding to a blog post on AC yesterday about simultaneous voice/data use and whether it is useful or necessary. Made me start thinking about the average Note user.

I've had the Note 2, 3 and now 4 along with the 10.1 2014. I prefer the Note line due to the S Pen, screen size, multifunction capabilities and horsepower. My device is used for my work as much or more than media consumption or play.

I generally consider myself a power user, how about you guys (or girls)? Do you really use the features on the Note that set it apart from the other large screen phones?

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Are you a power user?

I barely use the S-Pen. I do not and never will consider myself a power user. I use the phone just like most people. I bought the Note mainly for it's screen size.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

I bought it for its full multifunctional capability set and I fully intend carrying laptops less and doing much more with the N4 than I had been doing previously. I should qualify that statement by saying that I had for a long been devoted to giving Apple a chance to retain my device business since they mainly have me for my computing business. I had up till this time an iPhone 4. I had been entirely unimpressed with the 4S, the 5 and the 5S as replacements for the 4 as they simply did not give me enough of a reason to change. I was giving Apple one last shot by waiting for the 6 and 6+. However I find them to be nothing more than oversized smartphones....without what I would consider the functionality available via something like a N4. So that was the last shot for Apple. Once I get fully comfortable with the N4 I will very likely resist the temptation to take a laptop anywhere in the future unless absolutely necessary.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I am definitely a power user.I use my Note 4 for work all day and for leisure all night. I constantly use the S-pen. I feel like the Note 4 is such a capable device why not use it as much as I possibly could? My iPad Air used to be my go to device, but not anymore. Sold the iPad because this smartphone is really the only device that I need. I did buy a cheap Chromekook, but I only use it for specific computing needs. Everything else goes through the Note 4.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I am also a power user and with the type of work I do the Note 4 is the perfect tool to get the Job done.

But the Note 4 is a joy to use and has such a rich feature set that yes for some it's unwarranted, yet for others it provides that great ability to render other things void. For example many here state that while they still have tablets, laptops or pc's they tend to use the Note 4 more often.

The Note 4 won't replace completely obviously but it's a credit that for the most part you can get so much done and with ease.

Posted via the Android Central App

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Phone never leaves my hand...ultimate power user.

Sportscenter all day
Sports radio all day
Web browsing
Taking notes with spen all day
Instagram all day
Facebook all day
Atleast 3 YouTube videos a day
Navigation

And lots more. I usually get around 11 full hours of use. Ill never see these 24 hour battery life these other people do..but i also gets my money's worth

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site

I, don't own a Computer. The note 4 is my only device at the moment. I use a Computer at work, but other than that, the note 4 does EVERYTHING I need! Pics, fantasy football, news, etc.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I too have replaced carrying a laptop or even a large tablet since the Note 3 and now the Note 4. In fact with the improved S pen and app functionality I don't carry any tablet anymore either. I use is for work communitcations with clients, editing documents away from the office, news, navigation, email, messaging (both using the multiwindow function) and just about everything I previously did on a desktop, laptop and large tablet.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm a power user. Use it for everything and a typical day is 5+ hours of screen time. Usually prefer to use my smartphone instead of my laptop (much more handy and don't want to wait for the boot up time).

I made a list of all the things that can be done with my smartphone. I came up with 70+ things. I need to update it with what the Note can do.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHd6R2FBdTN6NlZtREZhT2FqaXlWOUE6MQ

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Had a client call me while I was at a lunch meeting, I installed grabbed the S Pen and jotted the info I needed. Only had the phone a week, before that 7 years iphone. I realized that day just how useful the S Pen is.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't know that I would consider myself a real power user, although, out of all the devices I own, my phone is like a lifeline!! I came from a Galaxy III, but also own the Note 2014 Ed. Tablet & the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, but I haven't even turned those on since getting my Note 4!! I definitely get my use out of both, the multi window & S pen features. That's how I knew the Note 4 would be a good fit for me. And I gotta tell ya, I'm lovin' these upgraded features!! I got my Note on the 4th and I've been on it at least 10 hrs every single day & the battery life has also been outstanding!
Sent FromThe Next Big Thing...Is Mine!!

Last edited:

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Had a client call me while I was at a lunch meeting, I installed grabbed the S Pen and jotted the info I needed. Only had the phone a week, before that 7 years iphone. I realized that day just how useful the S Pen is.

This is definitely a great feature of the S Pen.

I no longer carry my laptop either. I do keep my 10.1 Note tablet with me most of the time but it's really more of a security blanket. The phone can do everything the tablet can, I just like having the larger screen if I've got a lot of work to do.

I have around 250 end-users setting at computers and ip phones that I have to provide support. I'm able to take a call on the Note 4 and talk to the user while using VPN to log on to my Network and either VNC or RDP to log on to the user's PC. This allows me to support my users while on the go. Doing all this from the Note 4 and having the S Pen to jot notes or help browse a website all at the same time make this a power tool for getting work done. It is way more than a consumption device.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

I use the S-Pen every day at school. I also use the multi window alot to have my math homework open, and to have S note open so I can work out the math problems.

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Definitely. I have my work email setup on my note via GOOD for Enterprise. I use line2 for keeping my work line on my personal phone and I try to use the S Pen whenever possible. I'm trying to make a habit of it though. I used it on Tuesday and took notes within the S note app during a market wide conference call, saved the file as a pdf and emailed it out a team of about 20 managers to share within their prospective teams. I got great feedback from my coworkers on the notes and meeting template that I used. I'm definitely trying to look for all opportunities to maximize and take full advantage. I'm hoping they refresh the note 8.0 tablet cause I would definitely like the extra screen real estate.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I would say yes -- Except for weekends. When at work I always have the phone doing something .. music .. a random video .. writing things down ... bills ... etc.

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

I had the note 3 for 2 weeks and went through 2 charges a day. Just go the note 4 and it's lasting longer but I haven't played many emulator games yet. I'm definitely a power user. The multi tasking on the note 4 is horrible though. Switching between apps sucks. I sort of like the note 3 better. And because of it I'm' thinking of going to iphone 6 plus . I'm not sure yet though. any suggestions for faster multi tasking? There's just too much lag time.

currentdroiduser

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

5 hours 47 mins on with 9 hours 52 mins battery with 25 percent left am I a power user? Do I got a bad battery? It's suppose to last 31.4 hours of mixed usage.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure I'm a power user. I do though use my son poem every day as well as my phone all day. I also have the GNP 12.2 which is the uptime for multi tasking imo. My note 4 is on point all day long

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site

I use the phone so much I have to charge it twice a day.

does that qualify? B-)