S-Pen Smells

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Does this happen to anyone else? An odor emits from my phone everytime I take the S-pen out. It's like a slight burning plastic smell. I can smell it when I'm using it normally. It's not like I'm putting my phone to my face and sniffing it. Should I be worried? Thanks!

Don't be putting it where it doesn't belong lol....sorry,couldn't resist

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

maaron1300

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Just smelled mine haha! Mine does have a pretty strong smell... Dont think i would have ever noticed I'd I hadn't came across this thread though!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Plastic will out-gas, especially if it's new and you heat it up (which would happen if it were stored, let's say, inside the housing of a smartphone).

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Plastic will out-gas, especially if it's new and you heat it up (which would happen if it were stored, let's say, inside the housing of a smartphone).

So if you heat it up, like some people's self proclaimed "smokin' hot Note 4" you can expect to experience flatulence. It is a normal Note bodily function, says LeoRex.

SJAprilMay

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
First of all, I laughed when I saw the topic. Who smells their S-Pen? However, I could not resist, so I took out my S-Pen and smelled it....then laughed some more. It does have a "plastic" smell, but I think it is just because it stays nice and warm in there so the typical plastic scent of all plastic products (even drinking cups) will eventually go away.

And I agree with sux2bu...I LOVE the scent of new products.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm the moron who read the title and thought, "Whoa, the S-Pen can identify smells in the air?!?".

Oh, you mean it *has* an offense odor to it...I see...moving along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL