This has got to be one of the most frustrating problems in existence. I don't know what in the world is causing it or how it can be fixed.

I have some music files that have been put in alphabetical order. The stock My Files app lists them in alphabetical order in the folder, and the stock music player displayed them in that same order as well. But after I moved the files to another folder and back again, the music player displayed the songs all out of order, even if the My Files app still showed them in alphabetical order. No matter how many times I try, the files won't go in alphabetical order.

I also noticed that the phone was not moving them in alphabetical order and the music player was showing the files in the order that the phone moved them, i.e. all out of order.

I hope you understand what I'm getting at here. This is extremely frustrating, and I shouldn't have to connect my phone to the computer every time this happens. How can I get the music files show up in alphabetical order in the stock music app, and why isn't the phone moving the files in alphabetical order in the first place?
    11-09-2014 05:18 PM
    Try clearing the cache on the music app.
    11-09-2014 06:05 PM
    I cleared the data, which also clears the cache in the app, but the problem still exists. The phone isn't helping either, because it's not moving them in alphabetical order; it's just moving them in a random order and there's no way to rearrange the files in the music player app itself. They show up fine in the My Files app though.

Anyone else have any solutions for this? Who else has the same problems?
    11-09-2014 06:08 PM
    Mine does the same thing BUT i would rather have them the way they are supposed to be on the album....instead, is puts them in alpha order. Annoying.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-09-2014 08:11 PM