Came across this earlier & thought it might help anyone having issues receiving text messages after switching from an iPhone

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    11-09-2014 09:37 PM
    Do I need to do that for an iPad too? I'm thinking of selling it and I used FaceTime and iMessage on it.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    11-09-2014 11:06 PM
    I just did this earlier. It says its deregistered now. I only had the SMS problem for the first few hours of having the phone. I just told my main contacts to send them as text messages and since then they stay text message, not imessage. Hopefully now other people wont have issues.
    Honey_184 likes this.
    11-09-2014 11:19 PM
    Do I need to do that for an iPad too? I'm thinking of selling it and I used FaceTime and iMessage on it.

That's a good question! If you added your phone number to your iPad, than yes definitely remove it before you sell it... But if you only added your email, I'm going to guess it might not be necessary.. I'm not sure about that one
    11-10-2014 12:58 PM
    That's a good question! If you added your phone number to your iPad, than yes definitely remove it before you sell it... But if you only added your email, I'm going to guess it might not be necessary.. I'm not sure about that one
    I will have to research that. As of now I'm keeping it as WiFi only but I'm sure I'll sell it. I hate apple lol.

Honey_184 likes this.
    11-10-2014 01:00 PM
    In my case Verizon had a number to dial into Apple with a simple one word test message "stop" and that was the end of that.
    Honey_184 likes this.
    11-10-2014 01:06 PM
    I will have to research that. As of now I'm keeping it as WiFi only but I'm sure I'll sell it. I hate apple lol.

I hate iPhones! lol... I have the mini retina but I'm shamefully addicted to some of the games, so I won't get rid of it
    11-10-2014 01:09 PM
    I hate iPhones! lol... I have the mini retina but I'm shamefully addicted to some of the games, so I won't get rid of it
    The only reason I got the stupid thing was so my kids could FaceTime their grandad and to bridge the gap but I will probably be burning that bridge soon lol

11-10-2014 01:16 PM
    The only reason I got the stupid thing was so my kids could FaceTime their grandad and to bridge the gap but I will probably be burning that bridge soon lol

Lmbo! Aww poor grandpappy!
    11-10-2014 01:53 PM
    Lmbo! Aww poor grandpappy!
    Lol its his fault! He works. A LOT. So no real need for it. But I'll probably keep it

Honey_184 likes this.
    11-10-2014 01:56 PM
    In my case Verizon had a number to dial into Apple with a simple one word test message "stop" and that was the end of that.
    I wish VZW would've told me about that!
    11-10-2014 01:59 PM

You shouldn't. This re-register is for phone numbers mainly ... When iPhone users went to text someone who used to have iPhone but now has Android it would keep going through iMessage even though they left iPhone --- This tool helps un-associate them with iMessage so their phone number will be sent SMS messages from iPhones instead of iMessage ones.

For your iPad it should just be to your email address for iMessage and since you're not texting from that on your Note 4 .. should be good .
    reesh11 likes this.
    11-10-2014 02:18 PM
    So I called apple and did the text in deregister. I have two problems the first one is I can't send pictures through text and two people can't text me. Anyone have similar problems but have it fixed after deregistering
    11-10-2014 08:12 PM
    So I called apple and did the text in deregister. I have two problems the first one is I can't send pictures through text and two people can't text me. Anyone have similar problems but have it fixed after deregistering
    Not sure how about your picture issue but in regard to the two people that can't text you, I would have them check their settings to be sure they have "send as text when iMessage is unavailable" enabled. When I first received my Note, I wanted to be sure my daughter would be able to text me (she had an iPhone) but her messages wouldn't get through to me at all. After over an hour of frustration I noticed that stupid little setting was off! Once I enabled it, I didn't have any more issues receiving her texts.
    11-10-2014 09:09 PM