Note 4 or...

nodlehs

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok, this has probably been posted already but, S-pen aside, Note 4 vs. LG G3. Has anyone had both and if so what are your thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

skafri

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I traded the G3 for the N4. Couldn't deal with the glitches on the G3. I would've LOVED the G3, because the form factor was great and it was an all around beautiful device with some smart features. But it dropped Wi-Fi constantly, there were loud pops between audio tracks in my car, the touch screen sensitivity was erratic at times, the knock-on/off feature worked intermittently, etc. The only con to the N4 that I can find so far is the current lack of accessories, which is part of buying a fairly new device.

Posted via my beautiful beast, the Galaxy Note 4.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this has probably been posted already but, S-pen aside, Note 4 vs. LG G3. Has anyone had both and if so what are your thoughts?

Like skafri said.....the glitches on the G3. I'm sure Lollipop will fix most of them, if not all, but LG released no updates since release to fix any of them in the US.

Me personally, the stutters (not lag)(which is perspective) is much, MUCH worse on the G3 than it is on the N4. This I couldn't deal with. I mean it was like using a phone with a 1MHz proc at times. Now bear in mind, it was mostly in the app drawer and messaging app that this occurred.....it just shouldn't happen.

I would, if I were you, go for the N4. Why? Because the G3 is roughly 4, 5?? Months old now and pretty much the same price unless your purchasing outright....then the N4 is much more expensive....but you get a ton more features. I would go to your local store and literally hold both and play with the UI's. Pick the one that seems to suit you and your needs.

Good luck and let us know which one you chose!

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I still got my G3. If it had a 805 in it and didn't lag, I would of never gotten the Note 4. I did some of the tricks to get rid of most fo the lag but I can still see the lag from time to time. I don't see any lag on the Note except when I'm putting the apps onto the main screens.

nodlehs

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I have both of them. Guess I should of clarified that to begin with. I was just curious about others opinions. The Note 4 is an amazing device. As is the G3 in my opinion. I have read about all of the issues the G3 owners are experiencing but, I have yet to see any of those problems crop up on mine. In the long run, the Note 4 wins it out for me due to the emense extras and multitasking features. The S-pen is a great feature too but I seem to only use it periodically. One main gripe I have when it comes to the Note is the camera. 90% of the time it takes great pictures. But for some reason sometimes they come out kinda blurry. Yes, my lens is clean and I'm not zooming out at all. I'm sure it's just a software issue and will be resolved at one point. Other than that it's the best device I've ever owned (including tablets) and I've had the M8, G3, G2, S5, S4, Moto X etc. Oh, and iPhone's too. Well, you can see what my hobby is now!

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I loved my g3 and so far love my note 4. I'm considering selling my iPhone 6 and going all android for the first time in ages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair