Do you have a problem with the charger cable for Note 4?

ddg72

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Bought the set on 18 October. Loved it till the battery charger cable began to malfunction. The charging is not continuous. It stops charging every 2-3 minutes. (1) I disconnected the charger and reconnected. Didn't help. (2) I restarted the set. Didn't help. Finally, I went to a Samsung Service Station and was told that it is a problem with the cable and not the charger itself that needs to be plugged to an electric socket. They promised to replace the cable, but right now the product is so new in the market in India, they don't have a replacement cable available in any Service Station in my region. They have promised to order one from Delhi and asked me to wait for 4-5 days. In the meantime, they have given me a spare cable for a Note 2 set I think and asked me to use it till the new cable arrives. I hope the spare cable is compatible with Note 4. In any case, it is not fast recharging, but it is charging at least, even if slowly. I had a similar problem with my earlier Note 2 cable. The warranty period was over in that case and they sold me a new cable which didn't give me any problem till the time I sold off the phone to buy a Note 4. Has anyone else faced a similar problem with the charging cable? In any case, I wanted to raise awareness amongst potential purchasers of Note 4. Apart from this cable issue, I am most happy with the set.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I have not had problems. The Note 2 cable your using is perfectly compatible with your Note 4. Gauges should be similar to promote "fast" charging. I know the Note 2 had problems with the port design being weak, so I would encourage you to be careful with your new one. You might even look into the wireless charging options.

ddg72

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply Liquidretro. Excuse my ignorance. But I don't know how to wireless recharge. I read the discussion in other forums and they spoke about the back of the flip cover. I have a flip cover of course. But I don't know how to use it to recharge. This is the way the back of my flip cover looks.

20141110_233142.jpg

Does this make sense?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX