Nova launcher pure beauty and why i love android

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind Touchwiz but after reading this article. I was reminded of what I can do with my phone. Customizing the home screen using NOVA Launcher. I love the no limits no boundaries we have as android users. Nothing against IPhone users and the IPhone but if they only knew the freedom and what our Phones can do they would consider switching to the better product. Marketing of course does alot and apple has somehow managed to get people to believe in a product that is less superior. I have plenty of family members that once they see my Galaxy Note 4 they are intrigued by its pure beauty. From the metal framing to what I can simply do. So read this article you'll find so many points to why we love the Android platform.

What Android fans think of iPhone users | Computerworld

My HOMESCREEN
Screenshot_2014-11-10-08-36-59.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
looks terrible without a Clock/Weather Widget -

There's not such a thing as a "terrible" homescreen. It's just personal and that's the best thing about android (and the meaning of this thread) . Your homescreen had to cover your needs and please your eyes, not anyone else.

I personally don't like weather widgets and consider them a waste of space and resources. But that's me. Obviously you think differently.

Oscar, keep having fun and messing around with Nova settings and new icons. Good job.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I like it minimal too. These are my two screens

Attachments

• 1415632492315.jpg
    1415632492315.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 349
  • 1415632512656.jpg
    1415632512656.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 347

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. I recently went to the Note 4 after about a decade of Motorola Droids. I wanted to give TouchWiz a chance, and I did, but I just went back to Go Launcher for the customization. Changing icons, changing the names and fonts on the icons, changing colors and themes! You just cant go wrong. Four people in my family have iPhones, all different versions, and they all look exactly the same. God bless Android.

Javier--where did you get that calendar?

Thanks

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Javier.

I should mention though for those that are looking around that I did lose the ability with Go Launcher to make a smart note and stick it to the screen with the S pen. The little push pin icon does not even come up. I can still do it with the GoNote widget with a few extra steps though.

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I might give Nova a try. I have always used Go Launcher and Go SMS but recently uninstalled Go SMS after the last update where they lost most of their customization. I went with Handcent which is working great. Can you change the names for icons on the home screen with Nova?

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
What is the difference between Nova Launcher and Nova Launcher Prime? I am curious to give the app a whirl.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Can you change the names for icons on the home screen with Nova?

Yes. And you can change the icons one by one, with no need to apply a whole icon pack. Most of my icons are folders and the text one made with Simple Text. Inside the folders I keep the default icons.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Nova is awesome and you don't miss out on any touchwiz features either

Well, yes, you do, you lose the feature for pinning an Action Note to the homescreen. (You also lose the stock clock/weather widget, but that's no great tragedy.) But I've found that trade off well worth it for all you get with Nova.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12