02-16-2016 07:55 PM
112 1234 ...
tools
    Take a look at this thread. It covers the basic and ask any question about how to custom your phone with Nova. We'll try to help you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-launcher.html

You are right. Start with the free version and after you get used to it decide if you want to buy the Prime. Plenty of features for a free app. After a little while you'll understand how things are done.
    11-10-2014 05:58 PM
    Yep, just play around with it until you get your screen the way you want it. That's the best way. Here's mine after some help from user @Tkbredx
    Attachment 147356
    11-10-2014 06:05 PM
    Well what I don't want to do is download Prime while flummoxed by Nova. Willing to spend the $4.00 for prime. But I want to use Nova to figure out what the heck I am doing....unless you are telling me that Prime is also much more intuitive and that I am wasting time dealing with what is really a stripped down version that is not really self explanatory. If that is what you mean, then that is a whole other kettle of fish.
    Nova Prime is really just a small 'unlocker' app that gives you 100% of the features Nova is capable of. It's not really a separate launcher or program. In fact, if you look through the Nova options, you'll be able to see which features Prime unlocks for you. It really does unleash the power of all that Nova is capable of, though. Well worth it.
    11-10-2014 06:10 PM
    Alot of new android users here and Its great
    To see. Now what you guys don't know yet is the best best feature thats helps me come stay loyal to android.

http://kickass.to

Here you can download movies music and comics anything books shows. Let me know if you need assistance. Download Utorrent so you can use to download
    11-10-2014 06:56 PM
    Like the blue icons at the bottom. Where did you get them from?

USMC97
    11-10-2014 07:05 PM
    When you open it, it immediately brings to your screen everything you have all lumped into one category. However its first question is about how you want it to handle widgets...transfer them to Nova or not. Well with everything jammed onto one screen (apps and widgets) with no distinction one to the next, I am not sure what action I should take to continue. Pick something....and it brings up a box asking if you want to use Nova, Touchwiz or something else and also asks if you want to use it only once or always. Well heck I don't even know what question it is asking me. Use Nova for what...use Touchwiz for what. I am sure this is all about how unintuitive Android is. Us new guys are simply going to have to learn the language of Android through use I guess.
    quick help:
    Yes, let Nova handle widgets.
    And as far as all the stuff that Nova throws onto their homescreens - well simply longpress on it until your phone gives a short vibrate and slide it up towards the top of the screen and a "delete" box will come up. Just keep sliding it towards that in one smooth motion.

If you that "once/always" box that comes up? Lets put it like this. Lets say you're in Twitter and you tap on a link. That box comes up, and asking what you want to do with it. Open in Chrome? Open in Browser (Touchwiz stock launcher)? I always use chrome, but that's something you can decide. Cool thing is, if it's a youtube link or instagram link or something similar, it will open in browser - and then realize "hey, I have an app that can handle this rather then opening it in browser" - and it will pop up another box, so this time you can select which app you want to handle it and make sure you click always.

There are cases where sometimes you may want an app to only handle it once - so that's when you can use the "just once" option.

Simply put, if you're not sure, just try stuff - or come and ask for help, the forums are really great for helping people.

And if you realize you don't want a certain app to "always" be the default handler for something, you can change that back. Go to your phone settings, find your application manager, and then from there go the the app you don't want to be the default anymore. Tap on it, scroll down and you'll see "launch by default" and a option to clear defaults. Tap that it won't be the default anymore.

hope that's clear as mud

Remove whatever you don't want to keep. If you want to move something, again, long-press and slide it to whatever position you want. If you want to move it to a different screen just slide it to the side.
    11-10-2014 07:18 PM
    Well what I don't want to do is download Prime while flummoxed by Nova. Willing to spend the $4.00 for prime. But I want to use Nova to figure out what the heck I am doing....unless you are telling me that Prime is also much more intuitive and that I am wasting time dealing with what is really a stripped down version that is not really self explanatory. If that is what you mean, then that is a whole other kettle of fish.
    no need to rush to buy Nova Prime - i bought it (on sale) but use none of the extra features. wait for it to go on sale which it regularly does. then buy it. check the daily deals on front page. in the meantime - use the free version. not much difference for the average user.
    11-10-2014 07:37 PM
    Grinding through it slowing mainly because I do not want to make a mistake. Somebody could make themselves a righteous fortune putting together screen by screen process instructions for these Android based applications. I imagine there is and will be God only knows how many people converting from Apple prison to Android freedom trying to wind their way through this stuff until the language of Android becomes second nature to them.
    11-10-2014 09:11 PM
    I couldn't agree more. I just got the s5 and started messing around with prove. Spent all weekend going through each option. I'm always looking at my phone tweeting it little by little. It's an obsession. Image for reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Nova launcher pure beauty and why i love android-uploadfromtaptalk1415675687464.jpg   Nova launcher pure beauty and why i love android-uploadfromtaptalk1415675738109.jpg  
    11-10-2014 09:15 PM
    Grinding through it slowing mainly because I do not want to make a mistake. Somebody could make themselves a righteous fortune putting together screen by screen process instructions for these Android based applications. I imagine there is and will be God only knows how many people converting from Apple prison to Android freedom trying to wind their way through this stuff until the language of Android becomes second nature to them.
    Check out the home screens thread for ideas! If you see a layout you like just ask about the info then download it for yourself in the play store!
    11-10-2014 09:58 PM
    It's pretty simple really...just tinker around. Turn something on/off and see the outcome. I too was an iphone faithful until last week...I figured this droid thing our pretty quick, nova took about a good 30 min to get right.

This forum also has helped immensely

Posted via the Android Central App
    Oscar Maradiaga likes this.
    11-10-2014 11:01 PM
    Well you guys will get a chuckle out of this one. I disabled my dock by mistake and in the process the app button AND Nova settings icon disappeared at the same time. Since I did not know where anything went or what I had done I really was left sort of helpless. Then just on a whim I pressed and held at the middle of the screen and a dialog box showed up that included a button for apps. Once I got apps back I could get back into Nova settings and recover my dock. But for a couple of minutes it was kinda' scary. I could open Nova Launcher but there was no way to get to a settings screen for Nova Launcher...no three buttons top right...no nothing. Word to the wise...do not blow your dock away!!!!
    islandbaby likes this.
    11-11-2014 12:17 AM
    Well, yes, you do, you lose the feature for pinning an Action Note to the homescreen. (You also lose the stock clock/weather widget, but that's no great tragedy.) But I've found that trade off well worth it for all you get with Nova.
    I never lost the weather widget it's still here
    11-11-2014 02:41 AM
    Hm not a fan.. Sorry Oscar . It just looks so odd with nothing but folders and no widgets.
    11-11-2014 02:51 AM
    I never lost the weather widget it's still here
    The clock/weather widget that appears stock on your Note 4's home screen out of the box? Yes, you did. It's only there when TouchWiz is set as your launcher, not Nova.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    11-11-2014 04:19 AM
    The clock/weather widget that appears stock on your Note 4's home screen out of the box? Yes, you did. It's only there when TouchWiz is set as your launcher, not Nova.

The stock weather widget (just the text version) still works fine with Nova.
    11-11-2014 04:25 AM
    The stock weather widget (just the text version) still works fine with Nova.
    My bad -- I take that back, it is still there. I could've sworn it wasn't, and that it was one of the two things (along with pin-action-note-to-home-screen) that one lost when switching to Nova. Heck, I remember talking about it with others here a couple of weeks ago. Although I was briefly on the Google Now launcher between TW and Nova, which definitely does not have it (or the action note pin function).
    11-11-2014 05:41 AM
    i get what you mean but I love the home screen running smooth I barely run apps that aren't on my page. everything I need is on my home screen. only widget I like is the music one on the top why do I need a weather widget when I have the Degrees on the top left corner. Weather widget takes up too much space. Folders create organization which I love. Not a cluttered mess. ohh and the flashlight widget which is small and I use sometimes.

Nova launcher pure beauty and why i love android-screenshot_2014-11-11-08-49-04.jpg
    11-11-2014 07:56 AM
    i get what you mean but I love the home screen running smooth I barely run apps that aren't on my page. everything I need is on my home screen. only widget I like is the music one on the top why do I need a weather widget when I have the Degrees on the top left corner. Weather widget takes up too much space. Folders create organization which I love. Not a cluttered mess. ohh and the flashlight widget which is small and I use sometimes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-11-08-49-04.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	147505
    agree about weather widgets wasting space (my general feeling about all widgets). My notification bar has the Time (stock item), weatherbug temp, and the day of the week and date, so no widgets are necessary for all this handy info.
    11-11-2014 10:08 AM

It's on nova too..didn't dissappear when I put on nova
    11-11-2014 10:29 AM
    If you mean this one?
    Attached Thumbnails Nova launcher pure beauty and why i love android-1415723455338.jpg  
    11-11-2014 10:31 AM
    It's on nova too..didn't dissappear when I put on nova
    Yeah, as I mentioned above after I replied to you, I see it too, although I swear it wasn't there a couple of weeks ago. Either that was the Google Now launcher or I had picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

11-11-2014 10:32 AM
    Yeah, as I mentioned above after I replied to you, I see it too, although I swear it wasn't there a couple of weeks ago. Either that was the Google Now launcher or I had picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

It's weird I didn't expect it to be here..same with the s planner widgets.

I can't find any widget that's missing but on the note 3 there was plenty.
    11-11-2014 10:33 AM
    i never used Nova Launcher before either till my note 4. i have my note 3 for a while and loved it and was debating on a nexus 6 or note 4 but i like some of samsungs features so got the note 4 gear s combo last week. but i wanted a new feel i was tired of the samsung icons and it didnt feel like a new phone so i downloaded nova along with a lollipop theme and git material wallpapers and the majority of the lollipop icons to make the phone feel diff.

i personally like a clean homescreen besides the dock icons and i put all my stuff on my left or right desktop but keep home nice and clean. here are 2 of my screens home first then my right one with my main use aps.

again this is nova launcher on my GALAXY NOTE 4. i tried the go launcher and did not like it. you cant use you own widgets and loading the app tray was way to slow and laggy for me. Nova is beautiful very customizable and smooth.
    Nova launcher pure beauty and why i love android-screenshot_2014-11-11-12-36-52.jpg

this is my screen to the right of my home screen, i like a clean home screen.
    Nova launcher pure beauty and why i love android-screenshot_2014-11-11-12-36-57.jpg
    Oscar Maradiaga and deeb215 like this.
    11-11-2014 11:44 AM
    When you install Nova and then hit the home button it usually comes up with a prompt asking if you would like to use nova or touchwiz. Select nova, and then it should bring up a prompt asking if you would like to use a backed up copy of Nova or import from another launcher. Select another launcher and then select touchwiz. This should bring up most of what you had already setup in touchwiz. It should look very similar to the way it did other than the widgets wont pull up and you will need to redo them. That is pretty easy though. Touch the grey box where the widget used to be and reselect the widget from the list that will come up. The rest of it is really just trial and error by adjusting the nova settings and seeing if you like the changes. If not, change it back and try something else. There is a lot going on in Nova. You can change almost anything to suit yourself and make it you. I hope this helped. If you have already passed all of that and aren't sure how to get back to the initial setup, just uninstall nova and reinstall it and hit the home button.
    hdhuntr likes this.
    11-11-2014 11:45 AM
112 1234 ...