Nova launcher pure beauty and why i love android

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The clock/weather widget that appears stock on your Note 4's home screen out of the box? Yes, you did. It's only there when TouchWiz is set as your launcher, not Nova.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The stock weather widget (just the text version) still works fine with Nova.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The stock weather widget (just the text version) still works fine with Nova.

My bad -- I take that back, it is still there. I could've sworn it wasn't, and that it was one of the two things (along with pin-action-note-to-home-screen) that one lost when switching to Nova. Heck, I remember talking about it with others here a couple of weeks ago. Although I was briefly on the Google Now launcher between TW and Nova, which definitely does not have it (or the action note pin function).

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
i get what you mean but I love the home screen running smooth I barely run apps that aren't on my page. everything I need is on my home screen. only widget I like is the music one on the top why do I need a weather widget when I have the Degrees on the top left corner. Weather widget takes up too much space. Folders create organization which I love. Not a cluttered mess. ohh and the flashlight widget which is small and I use sometimes.

Screenshot_2014-11-11-08-49-04.jpg

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
i get what you mean but I love the home screen running smooth I barely run apps that aren't on my page. everything I need is on my home screen. only widget I like is the music one on the top why do I need a weather widget when I have the Degrees on the top left corner. Weather widget takes up too much space. Folders create organization which I love. Not a cluttered mess. ohh and the flashlight widget which is small and I use sometimes.

View attachment 147505

agree about weather widgets wasting space (my general feeling about all widgets). My notification bar has the Time (stock item), weatherbug temp, and the day of the week and date, so no widgets are necessary for all this handy info.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
The clock/weather widget that appears stock on your Note 4's home screen out of the box? Yes, you did. It's only there when TouchWiz is set as your launcher, not Nova.

It's on nova too..didn't dissappear when I put on nova

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's on nova too..didn't dissappear when I put on nova
Yeah, as I mentioned above after I replied to you, I see it too, although I swear it wasn't there a couple of weeks ago. Either that was the Google Now launcher or I had picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, as I mentioned above after I replied to you, I see it too, although I swear it wasn't there a couple of weeks ago. Either that was the Google Now launcher or I had picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

It's weird I didn't expect it to be here..same with the s planner widgets.

I can't find any widget that's missing but on the note 3 there was plenty.

Michael Maloney1

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
i never used Nova Launcher before either till my note 4. i have my note 3 for a while and loved it and was debating on a nexus 6 or note 4 but i like some of samsungs features so got the note 4 gear s combo last week. but i wanted a new feel i was tired of the samsung icons and it didnt feel like a new phone so i downloaded nova along with a lollipop theme and git material wallpapers and the majority of the lollipop icons to make the phone feel diff.

i personally like a clean homescreen besides the dock icons and i put all my stuff on my left or right desktop but keep home nice and clean. here are 2 of my screens home first then my right one with my main use aps.

again this is nova launcher on my GALAXY NOTE 4. i tried the go launcher and did not like it. you cant use you own widgets and loading the app tray was way to slow and laggy for me. Nova is beautiful very customizable and smooth.
Screenshot_2014-11-11-12-36-52.jpg

this is my screen to the right of my home screen, i like a clean home screen.
Screenshot_2014-11-11-12-36-57.jpg

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Well what I don't want to do is download Prime while flummoxed by Nova. Willing to spend the $4.00 for prime. But I want to use Nova to figure out what the heck I am doing....unless you are telling me that Prime is also much more intuitive and that I am wasting time dealing with what is really a stripped down version that is not really self explanatory. If that is what you mean, then that is a whole other kettle of fish.
When you install Nova and then hit the home button it usually comes up with a prompt asking if you would like to use nova or touchwiz. Select nova, and then it should bring up a prompt asking if you would like to use a backed up copy of Nova or import from another launcher. Select another launcher and then select touchwiz. This should bring up most of what you had already setup in touchwiz. It should look very similar to the way it did other than the widgets wont pull up and you will need to redo them. That is pretty easy though. Touch the grey box where the widget used to be and reselect the widget from the list that will come up. The rest of it is really just trial and error by adjusting the nova settings and seeing if you like the changes. If not, change it back and try something else. There is a lot going on in Nova. You can change almost anything to suit yourself and make it you. I hope this helped. If you have already passed all of that and aren't sure how to get back to the initial setup, just uninstall nova and reinstall it and hit the home button.

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
For those of us who've never used a non-stock launcher, how easy is it to go back to TW if we decide not to use a different launcher? In other words, can we screw up TW by tinkering with another launcher, or does it just go back to the way it was setup before experimenting?

Jason

May 20, 2013
Visit site
No problem! If you decide to go back to TW just go to settings then go to application defaults from there you can press clear on the launcher u want to leave. Then hit your home button for the option to choose TW or whatever other launcher u have

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So changing icons and such like I've seen some on here have done with Nova doesn't do anything to TW when you go back? The icons just go back to what they had been on TW?

Jason

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Right! TW icons can't be changed. That's why 3rd party launchers are so popular. The ability to change the look of how your phone looks is cool and can be addicting lol.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, yes, you do, you lose the feature for pinning an Action Note to the homescreen. (You also lose the stock clock/weather widget, but that's no great tragedy.) But I've found that trade off well worth it for all you get with Nova.

You do lose the option to pin the note on the homescreen but the stock clock is available without issues, at least on the Nova Prime version I have. I can definitely setup the stock widget clock of the Note 4. It is available under "Weather" widget as you scroll through the widgets list. There are 2 widget available, the default clear one and the other full color background version (similar to S5)

BaldwiJ7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, yes, you do, you lose the feature for pinning an Action Note to the homescreen. (You also lose the stock clock/weather widget, but that's no great tragedy.) But I've found that trade off well worth it for all you get with Nova.
I just started using Nova and love it except for the lack of pinning notes to the screen. Has anyone found a work around?

Sent From My Galaxy Note 4

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Right! TW icons can't be changed. That's why 3rd party launchers are so popular. The ability to change the look of how your phone looks is cool and can be addicting lol.

It is true that Touchwiz icons cannot be changed but you can create icons/widgets to replace the Touchwiz icons using 1X1 widget of Desktop Visualizer. It is not as simple as replacing the icons on Nova, but it is definitely an option that is available if you like the Touchwiz interface but want different icons. Also from my understanding, the "icon Changer" APP in the play store will allow you to replace touchwiz icons without root. I have not used it myself but apparently it should work - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.jy.iconchanger.ad&token=_RZZjOxo