pdanet, anyone had luck using pdanet w sprint? I've used it for years w my htc evo

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
According to the developer, pdanet will not work with Android 4.4. They claim it's a Google issue that needs to fixed from their end. No timeframe given for fix.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
On AT&T I can only use the bluetooth and physical USB tethered modes, no WiFi hotspot. I looked at pda.net's website and they say those are the only two methods that work with 4.4 however there's another thread about this and IIRC Verizon users are able to use the WiFi hotspot.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried it last night with my Sprint Note 4 and it worked fine in USB mode (phone connected by USB cable to laptop). I don't think WiFi mode ever worked with my Sprint Note 2. I haven't ever tried bluetooth mode. I don't use it often, but USB mode is sufficient when I do.

pdanet's web site claims that WiFi mode does work on some phones with KitKat: http://foxfi.com/ (click on the link for "check"). When I tried WiFi mode last night, it brought up a window that looked like it was offering me the opportunity to sign up with Sprint for hot spot access, for a monthly fee I'm sure (I didn't click all the way through that process).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781