I moved to Verizon but didn't port my number yet to Verizon yet since I have to wait till I return my signal booster back to t-mobile. So got a Motorola droid turbo with the $10 protection plan at bestbuy with lost or theft since the deductible is less for damage then Verizon and it was on my bestbuy account. Went and returned the turbo because I found the camera and speaker to be poor and got a note 4. Had to cancel the protection plan and get a new one but this one isn't showing up and geek squad has no record of it. It says on my receipt I am paying for it but I don't want to keep my receipt for 2 years and hope they will take it. Has anybody else have problems with bestbuy ? I might just cancel it and go with Verizon but preferred bestbuy since I could get a new phone same day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-10-2014 11:56 AM
    Take a picture of the receipt, good enough that the protection plan line and the date of purchase can be read. Back it up to a computer and a cloud account. (I take pictures of any receipts for items that have warranties of any kind based on date of purchase. I have a folder in DCIM named Receipts. And all my data is backed up.)

If there's a problem in the future, print it out and bring the phone in.

(And I'd bring the receipt in now, insist on speaking with the store manager and ask why you didn't get what you paid for - a protection plan. In most places that's known as larceny by fraud, it's a felony, and the prize is striped sunlight for a few years for the party doing it.)

The only problem I've ever had with Best Buy is incompetence. I'm a computer engineer, both by training and by having earned my living designing lots of computers during my career (as well as having owned cellphone stores at the time). When I bring in a laptop that's under warranty and tell them that the DVD drive is defective, and they take 2 weeks before notifying me that they've verified that the drive is bad and they need me to come to the store and sign an authorization for them to ship it to factory for repair, I'm more than just annoyed.

But I have a protection plan on my cellphones and they replaced one with no questions, and I didn't have the receipt with me. They looked it up and printed it out (their copy of the original receipt, showing that I had purchased a protection plan). I still keep my own copies, though.
    11-10-2014 12:11 PM
    Take a picture of the receipt, good enough that the protection plan line and the date of purchase can be read. Back it up to a computer and a cloud account. (I take pictures of any receipts for items that have warranties of any kind based on date of purchase. I have a folder in DCIM named Receipts. And all my data is backed up.)

If there's a problem in the future, print it out and bring the phone in.

(And I'd bring the receipt in now, insist on speaking with the store manager and ask why you didn't get what you paid for - a protection plan. In most places that's known as larceny by fraud, it's a felony, and the prize is striped sunlight for a few years for the party doing it.)

The only problem I've ever had with Best Buy is incompetence. I'm a computer engineer, both by training and by having earned my living designing lots of computers during my career (as well as having owned cellphone stores at the time). When I bring in a laptop that's under warranty and tell them that the DVD drive is defective, and they take 2 weeks before notifying me that they've verified that the drive is bad and they need me to come to the store and sign an authorization for them to ship it to factory for repair, I'm more than just annoyed.

But I have a protection plan on my cellphones and they replaced one with no questions, and I didn't have the receipt with me. They looked it up and printed it out (their copy of the original receipt, showing that I had purchased a protection plan). I still keep my own copies, though.
    I went and asked and they said it is on my phone since its on the receipt ....I guess I'll wait to see what if geek squad ever responds to my emails about this and go back to bestbuy again

11-10-2014 12:34 PM
    I moved to Verizon but didn't port my number yet to Verizon yet since I have to wait till I return my signal booster back to t-mobile. So got a Motorola droid turbo with the $10 protection plan at bestbuy with lost or theft since the deductible is less for damage then Verizon and it was on my bestbuy account. Went and returned the turbo because I found the camera and speaker to be poor and got a note 4. Had to cancel the protection plan and get a new one but this one isn't showing up and geek squad has no record of it. It says on my receipt I am paying for it but I don't want to keep my receipt for 2 years and hope they will take it. Has anybody else have problems with bestbuy ? I might just cancel it and go with Verizon but preferred bestbuy since I could get a new phone same day

Do you have more information on the best buy insurance plan that you have? The info that I found online indicated that best buy doesn't cover loss or theft and that the deductible is $150.

In comparison, Verizon insurance is $5.18 per month for android (you said best buy is $10/mo), and covers loss and theft and has a deductible of $100.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=olCcLljo

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-10-2014 12:55 PM
    Do you have more information on the best buy insurance plan that you have? The info that I found online indicated that best buy doesn't cover loss or theft and that the deductible is $150.

In comparison, Verizon insurance is $5.18 per month (you said best buy is $10/mo), and covers loss and theft and has a deductible of $100.

Best buy just added lost and theft and is $10.99 a month Protection plan at bestbuy ...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1415642206.918955.jpg

Isn't Verizon complete coverage for lost damage and theft $10 ?

dpham00 likes this.
    11-10-2014 12:56 PM
    Best buy just added lost and theft and is $10.99 a month Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415642206.918955.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	295.8 KB 
ID:	147290

Isn't Verizon complete coverage for lost damage and theft $10 ?

Ah didn't see that. Good to know. What is the deductible for loss and theft?

Verizon asurion is $5.18 per month and covers loss, theft, and adh. Extended warranty is $3/mo, though if you keep the phone for a year or less then it isn't needed. Total Equipment coverage is $8 and combines asurion insurance and extended warranty. Total Mobile Protection is $10 and adds tech coach on top of total equipment coverage.

11-10-2014 01:05 PM
    Ah didn't see that. Good to know. Verizon asurion is $5.18 per month and covers loss, theft, and adh. Extended warranty is $3/mo, though if you keep the phone for a year or less then it isn't needed. Total Equipment coverage is $8 and combines asurion insurance and extended warranty. Total Mobile Protection is $10 and adds tech coach on top of total equipment coverage.

Ah ok I was sort of confused with all the options but I think I'll just stick with bestbuy since I do like the idea of walking into a store and getting my replacement same day vs mailing in and etc should I ever use it. I tend to change phone yearly but I think I might keep the note 4 longer imo unless the note 5 blows me away with the rumored ultra hd display

11-10-2014 01:08 PM
    Well I just flooded bestbuy email with the email and hopefully they respond to one of those lol

11-10-2014 02:02 PM
    Well they responded and says it's under my other phone number. The one my Verizon number is currently. I will be porting my t-mobile number which has been with me since the first time I had t-mobile lol. This means this should disappear and I need them to move it ?

11-10-2014 03:43 PM