On the fence about a Note 4...

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Current iPhone 6 user. Have been with Apple for 3.5 years, before that had the Droid X. I have been itching to try Android again. I really like the screen on the Note 4, brightness, crispness, etc.

I left the Droid X because of many bugs and glitches that Motorola never addressed. Hoping things with Samsung maybe better.

Has the music experience improved with Android in the last few years? I listen to music quite a bit and use the native IOS music app along with Google Music.

If anyone has been a iPhone user and switched to the Note 4 I would like to hear your pro's and cons. Thanks in advance.

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
How easy and fluid is it to access music, playlists, change tracks, etc. Does the music app hiccup or glitch at all, how is the sound quality?

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Well the stock music player is basic, not many options but it does what its supposed to do. Ive downloaded over 10 music players and found myself going back to stock...so that alone says alot...Right now, i am at my kitchen table eating with music playing. Sound is great. Nice and loud...sound is clear enough for the average user...but you'll have others who really know what to listen to..so I'll let them chime in.

Posted via the Android Central App

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
How easy and fluid is it to access music, playlists, change tracks, etc. Does the music app hiccup or glitch at all, how is the sound quality?

The music app runs great with no hiccups. Use it all the time.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Playlist menu...basic but works

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-10-17-07-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-10-17-07-12.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 112

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
And if you don't like the basic player, there are plenty of third party apps that perform extremely well. PowerAmp is a solid music app.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Great sound, options very fast I have over 5,000 songs on my Note 4 currently and couldn't be happier with it. The screen alone is worth the move over...
My daughter has the Iphone 6 and its nice but no where near what the 4 is.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well before this love fest gets too out of hand....I would say that it is not an HTC. But then hardly anything is regarding music files. Best way to overcome its shortcomings is to use headphones or earbuds or the like. As long as you don't let yourself hear an HTC through its speakers you should be happy with the N4. Just don't let yourself get near an HTC. It will ruin you.

In truth, none of these things reproduce music decently. Even the HTC offers the best of what is in truth a misapplication of technology. So in that respect, I would not be anxious to give up all the other goodies you get with a N4 because of its music reproduction.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I use the player pro app as I've never really liked the stock one.

This is how the interface looks

I'm pleased with how the S5 performs music wise. The note 4 will be the same or even better.

Posted from my S5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-10-22-56-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-10-22-56-31.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_2014-11-10-22-11-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-10-22-11-10.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 48

ahutchga1972

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I had an M8 and the speakers were incredible. My note 4 speakers definitely sound tinnier, but nothing bad.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My gf has had an iPhone for several years. I only had the 4S but never really liked it. One of my biggest complaints with iOS is iTunes. I abhor it. It is clunky and confusing to say the least. All of my Android phones have had microSD cards, which makes transferring music super easy (drag and drop for the most part). I use the stock music player and listen every day while taking the train to work. I think it's great. There's a feature called "Adapt Sound". You basically listen with your headphones to a series of beats and it "configures" the sound based on what beeps you were able to hear. I find it makes the listening experience better than not having it on.

dvega58

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I to started with an Android phone and switched to iPhone which I had for the past 5 years. I got the Note 4 and it is unbelievable, I will never go back to the iPhone. You can add storage and change the battery 😀 too. But really fast, beautiful display and no restrictions on customization.

Go for it.

goitsme48

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been using iOS for past 5 years.. Got iPhone 6 on the release day and 2 weeks ago, I switched to Note 4. I think Note 4 has put kabbash on iOS. Love everything about Note 4: size, clarity, fluidity (this was iOS best kept secret) and above all customization. Android has come long ways from the last time I used it (S2 and Nexus 4). We are iOS family at home (4 ipads, 3 iPhones and a Mac) and inspite of that, I am sticking with Note 4.

Let me say this though, you must have an urge or curiosity to see what lies on the other side of the mobile platform (I love tweaking, with S2 and Nexus 4, I remember rooting and installing custom ROMs). Give it a chance and be open about the change, you will accept it.

Good Luck!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar