So I recently purchased a Note 4 and am having some trouble with the device's wifi.

The wifi connectivity on the device is very inconsistent to say the least. Watching a clip on youtube or any other website will most likely experience lagging/hiccups (sometimes multiple times).

To make sure that my device, rather than my wifi router, is responsible for the "wifi defect", I tested the exact same videos that lagged on my Note 4 on my very old iphone 4 (what I used before I switched to the samsung family). The videos on the iphone ran very smoothly and never lagged. This proves that my router and wifi speed is clearly not the issue here.

This issue concerns me because I was not expecting an issue like this to happen to such an advanced device (i.e. slower wifi connectivity to an iphone 4 I got years back????) . Please help me solve this issue. Any form of assistance would be much appreciated.

Current emotion: Frustrated
    11-10-2014 04:56 PM
    Hi mate, see my thread I just created. Having the exact same problem. I did a Speedtest on my Note 4 and it's I'm getting really good speeds so I don't understand it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-10-2014 05:01 PM
    There have been a lot of threads about this. It isn't an issue with the phone, it is an issue with the WiFi settings on the phone if you're using an older Router.

Search this forum for WiFi threads, I'll try to post some links as I find them as well.

Sorry I can't recall the exact details.
    11-10-2014 05:05 PM
    There have been a lot of threads about this. It isn't an issue with the phone, it is an issue with the WiFi settings on the phone if you're using an older Router.

Search this forum for WiFi threads, I'll try to post some links as I find them as well.

Sorry I can't recall the exact details.
    Thanks mate, I'll do a search. Thanks for posting threads if you get a chance. Glad it's not my phone! I have a fairly new router. Only recently installed by my provider, but still probably a setting I can fix.

11-10-2014 05:15 PM
    Hi mate, I think I've resolved this issue. Delighted. What you do is go into your wifi connection and "Forget network". You then reconnect re-entering your wifi password. It should be working fine when you try it after that. When I set up my phone initially I used samsung smart switch. It pulls all the settings over from your previous phone. The settings may not exactly apply to the Note 4 so that causes the issues. When you do it the above way it pulls the correct applicable for the Note 4 across. I'm assuming a lot here but it seems to have worked for me. Give it a try and let me know how you get on. Cheers.

11-10-2014 05:56 PM
    Scratch that, worked once, back to not working again!

11-10-2014 05:58 PM
    I restarted the YouTube app and also went into the wifi settings and unselected the Passpoint option. Everything seems to be working ok again.

11-10-2014 06:12 PM