Note 4 and Gmail 5.0 Exchange account

rahul.sharma

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know why new gmail 5.0 app not showing exchange account to add? It just shows Gmail and pop/imap but as far as I know there supposed to be exchange account option.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note® 4

bernardcote

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Need to update Google Exchange Services to the latest version than force close the gmail app. Should be there after

Posted via the Android Central App

rahul.sharma

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks but I only see Exchange Services ver 4.4.2.0100, no Google Exchange Services.
And if you talking about this, how do you update this service?
Thanks for the help, I am new to Android coming from Windows Phone.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note® 4

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It still won't work...you will be able to add the account, but the Exchange accounts don't work under Gmail 5...the issue is all over the boards and the web. I tried for hours until I found every single person who added the Exchange account to the new Gmail app had the same issue...

The other issue is that it supposedly supports E-mail, contacts and calendar, but NOT notes...

joediver

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Worked fine for me after updating the exchange account. I did notice the old exchange account was not overwritten so I just deleted that one.

Posted via Android Central App

Tom Dauria

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Works fine on my nexus 7 but does not work on samsung s4. If I download and install google exchange services on the s4 then I can access my exchange email through the gmail app, but my calendar and contacts stop syncing. If I go to all apps I see exchange services there twice. I am guessing the issue is probably a conflict, but of course samsung won't let me disable it because it's one of their **** services. I'm hoping google will update gmail to work with the samsung exchange service because I know there is no chance that samsung will do anything about it. They are too busy ruining android.

Tom Dauria

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
If anyone cares I pretty much confirmed the issue is a conflict between the samsung exchange service which can't be inactivated and the google exchange service. The reason I say that is because I rooted my phone and used titanium backup to freeze the samsung exchange service and with the google exchange service installed via side loaded apk I now have gmail syncing with my companies exchange server. The calendar and contacts are also syncing fine. Wish I could flash a new ROM on this phone. Can't wait till my contract is up in April so I can get rid of this samsung POS

Bordcla

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
If anyone is still encountering problems with Exchange integration with Gmail 5.0 on the Note 4, I was able to resolve my issues by using an older version of the Exchange Services patch on APKMirror.

I have Gmail 5.0.1 on my Note 4 but using the latest version of the APK (1642443 as of Dec. 15, 2014) would make Gmail 5.0.1 offer up the "Exchange" option when setting up a new address.

After much trial and error, I tried using the older version of the APK, which says it's designed for 5.0 and not 5.0.1 (Version 6.5-1533254), which was the latest fix when I configured Gmail 5.0 on my former LG G3, and lo and behold: fixed my issue with 5.0.1 on my new Note 4!

I was able to integrate my Office 365 work email with Gmail 5.0.1, same as on the old G3!

Hope this can help anyone with similar issues!

Tom Dauria

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I believe it is an issue that will never be fixed. Samsung has their own exchange interface and google has theirs. Is there any chance Samsung would use google's exchange interface rather than their own? Probably not so I think if you want to use gmail to access exchange then you need to root your phone freeze the samsung service using titanium backup and install the google service. I did it on my s4 and it worked perfectly.

t1328

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Try the Outlook app.

I tried it, but ended up going back to the stock email/calendar/contacts app. I think MS purchased the wrong ISV. When I had my Nexus 6, I tried out a whole bunch of them and found that Nine was by far the best for Exchange users. Accompli was good, but it's calendar, lack of view options, lack of separate calendar app button is annoying. At the rate that MS is updating it, and considering they also purchased Sunrise Calendar, I believe their Outlook app will eventually be the best. For now, I'm sticking to stock. I did try Gmail on my Nexus. Had issues with it because many of the buttons are right on top, hard to reach on the Nexus 6.

Tom Dauria

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Well I made the big mistake and got a note 4. Cannot find a decent email client. They are all junk compared to Gmail and I need exchange support. Has anyone figured a way to get this to work?