Am I missing something? I see over and over that office is now available on android and IOS. Free, even though I have office 365 account anyways. But anytime I go to the store to download, it says not available.

I recently downloaded the apk file and forced install, but even then/now I have major problems with it.
    11-10-2014 08:39 PM
    It is compatible, you just have to side load it like you did. They need to update the compatability in the app store.

What problems are you having? I side loaded the apk on day 1 and have zero issues with it.
    hdhuntr likes this.
    11-10-2014 08:46 PM
    Am I missing something? I see over and over that office is now available on android and IOS. Free, even though I have office 365 account anyways. But anytime I go to the store to download, it says not available.

I recently downloaded the apk file and forced install, but even then/now I have major problems with it.
    try this - it's better IMO -

OfficeSuite 8
    Mobile Systems

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.office&hl=en
    11-10-2014 08:46 PM
    try this - it's better IMO -

OfficeSuite 8
    Mobile Systems

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.office&hl=en
    If he's going through the trouble of downloading the apk and forcing the install, I'd imagine he wants the genuine Microsoft Office...I do as well...so maybe we could focus v on that? Lol. But thanks because I did download that to check it out later. I just want genuine Office because I have tons of files in the cloud that I had access to before making the switch from my iPhone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-10-2014 09:02 PM
    If he's going through the trouble of downloading the apk and forcing the install, I'd imagine he wants the genuine Microsoft Office...I do as well...so maybe we could focus v on that? Lol. But thanks because I did download that to check it out later. I just want genuine Office because I have tons of files in the cloud that I had access to before making the switch from my iPhone.

1. MS Office for Android sucks at the moment. no support for password protected/encrypted documents. OfficeSuite Pro supports them.
    2. OfficeSuite Pro supports documents in the Cloud - ie Dropbox, Drive, OneDrive, etc.

my focus is on what works.
    11-10-2014 09:06 PM
    I followed instructions I found in one thread and posted in another of the three threads about this. No issues here. Works fine. Someone said something about pixel density but it's no issue for me. I think they were trying to force feed the Hancom app but it doesn't really matter. It's available and it works and I imagine many others do too.
    11-11-2014 08:49 AM
    I came from Windows Phone & would like the genuine as well...Hope the MS office app is better than MS office was on my Windows phone. They couldn't have done a poorer job, especially Excel. I would hardly bother using it. I'll try the app based on the last post.
    11-11-2014 09:02 AM
    I followed instructions I found in one thread and posted in another of the three threads about this. No issues here. Works fine. Someone said something about pixel density but it's no issue for me. I think they were trying to force feed the Hancom app but it doesn't really matter. It's available and it works and I imagine many others do too.
    So you're running MS Office? Mind sharing how? I have tons of work files I need access to badly.

11-12-2014 12:49 AM
    So you're running MS Office? Mind sharing how? I have tons of work files I need access to badly.

Hancom Office comes with the phone and will view and edit MS Office docs. I read reviews on it stating that it doesn't work that well with all MS Office fike types. Office Pro 7 is free in the gifts and the Galaxy Apps store. I have used it for a long time without any major problems. I know 8 is free in Google Play but it is actually a freemium not free.

The bad news about MS Office for Android is it is a viewer only. So no document editing.
    11-12-2014 01:40 AM
    Not correct about editing. I just edited a spreadsheet. And tater... search on Microsoft Office and if it doesn't pop right up add compatible or incompatible to the search but spell them right ;-)

Hancom Office comes with the phone and will view and edit MS Office docs. I read reviews on it stating that it doesn't work that well with all MS Office fike types. Office Pro 7 is free in the gifts and the Galaxy Apps store. I have used it for a long time without any major problems. I know 8 is free in Google Play but it is actually a freemium not free.

The bad news about MS Office for Android is it is a viewer only. So no document editing.
    11-12-2014 11:57 AM
    Several apps which are 'incompatible' with a particular model can be installed using the Amazon App Store - Amazon seems not to do the model checks Google's store does.
    iGalione likes this.
    11-12-2014 12:21 PM
    Not correct about editing. I just edited a spreadsheet. And tater... search on Microsoft Office and if it doesn't pop right up add compatible or incompatible to the search but spell them right ;-)
    does it support/open password protected/encrypted MS Office Documents?
    11-12-2014 12:30 PM
    Since you quoted me I'll say I don't know. I don't currently have any. Someone else may know though...sry

does it support/open password protected/encrypted MS Office Documents?
    11-13-2014 09:55 AM
    I downloaded Office today on my Note 4. I have not used it enough to give an opinion of it. But Office Pro 8, Paid version, is free on Amazon app stores Valentines day special. I have used it and I have not run into any issues other than I didn't know how to do something.
    02-13-2015 07:19 PM