go launcher or nova launcher - which is better?

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: go launcher or nova launcher

Nova launcher for the win ☺ been using it for 3 years now never going back

Posted via the Android Central App

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Used go launcher for several years. The free version became too ad heavy. Go launcher has more customizing but Nova runs smoother. I never paid for the full version of go launcher but Nova seems better to me.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Neither! Adw Ex allows you to switch back & forth with NO clearing defaults (I am not 100% but i don't thnk Nova or Go L allows that... (I am sure if i am wrong, y'all will advise : ) BTC

<span style="color:#0000ff;"><em>

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

Neither! Adw Ex allows you to switch back & forth with NO clearing defaults (I am not 100% but i don't thnk Nova or Go L allows that... (I am sure if i am wrong, y'all will advise : ) BTC

You can set an activity shortcut on the homescreen to TouchWiz Home and leave Nova default. Or leave TouchWiz default and use the app shortcut to Nova.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I was a happy Go user but it seemed that they were always taking functionality from it and then trying to sell it back to me especially with their messaging app. Haven't looked back since Nova Prime.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Definitely Nova Launcher. Go Launcher is extremely bloated, and it seems like they are always trying to sell you something.

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site

I would be happy to recommend ADW EX, but that launcher is considered abandoned. Ander Webb hadn't made any updates since Jelly Bean first came out. Now, as they say, nova rules the day, it's a solid launcher which I'm currently using. APEX is similar to nova, so go with either you will be alright. But if you really like go launcher, and you're not so sure about it because what people are saying about the bloatwares and all that, try next 3 D launcher. That is my goto launcher when I get sick of using apex or nova. It's also made by the go team but without the infamous bloatware. It's perfect for a device with the hd display and a big screen.

Sent from my LG-E980

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I've tried many launchers - Apex, Smart, Go, Nova, ADW, and a few others. I always keep coming back to Nova.

So, my suggestion is Nova (and the Prime features are worth the small fee to unlock).

spinalpap

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I love Nova. Very customizable. I've tried Apex, Go, and Smart, and Nova has been the most impressive to me.

NikzzM

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

I've been using Go Launcher for the longest time now but I wanted to give Nova L a try since it has a lot of good reviews,. However on my Note 4 Nova L lags a lot, whenever i press the home button or go to apps. Is there someting that i can do about that? thanks

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

I would definitely go with Nova Launcher. The customizations available are endless. I had Apex Launcherbbefore and decided to give Nova a try. I never looked back.

saiyyasuka pon

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

I wanna make it as a poll but i dunno how to do it, so now nova launcher leading as a best launcher

IT_Architect

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Intentionally deceptive advertising of Nova Launcher Prime features is my the issue. It states about the Prime version:
"Custom Drawer Groups - Create new tabs or folders in the app drawer"
You can make folders in the settings, and they show up in the App Drawer, but you cannot drag apps into them, like you can with the stock TouchWiz launcher. You can only drag them to a home screen, and then drag apps into them. There is little need for folders on home screens. Home screens contain normally used apps. The App Drawer contains all of your apps.. Here Nova Launcher removes all of the apps from their stock TouchWiz folders, throws away the folders, and alphabetizes the apps, so you pick up pages and pages of apps in your app drawer. Now try to figure out which apps are whose. Gone is the organization that comes with the standard TouchWiz where you have the Google apps in the Google folder, the Samsung apps in the Samsung folder, the Amazon apps in the Amazon folder, the Tools in the tool folder, the wireless provider's apps from their folder, and any folders that you may have made to organize your apps. This deception is intentional. If you do a little searching, you will see they have been getting comments from angry users for a long time from people getting deceived on this point. It was for the most part the reason they paid for Prime. However, they would sell very little Prime if they were honest.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Intentionally deceptive advertising of Nova Launcher Prime features is my the issue. It states about the Prime version:
"Custom Drawer Groups - Create new tabs or folders in the app drawer"
You can make folders in the settings, and they show up in the App Drawer, but you cannot drag apps into them, like you can with the stock TouchWiz launcher. You can only drag them to a home screen, and then drag apps into them. There is little need for folders on home screens. Home screens contain normally used apps. The App Drawer contains all of your apps.. Here Nova Launcher removes all of the apps from their stock TouchWiz folders, throws away the folders, and alphabetizes the apps, so you pick up pages and pages of apps in your app drawer. Now try to figure out which apps are whose. Gone is the organization that comes with the standard TouchWiz where you have the Google apps in the Google folder, the Samsung apps in the Samsung folder, the Amazon apps in the Amazon folder, the Tools in the tool folder, the wireless provider's apps from their folder, and any folders that you may have made to organize your apps. This deception is intentional. If you do a little searching, you will see they have been getting comments from angry users for a long time from people getting deceived on this point. It was for the most part the reason they paid for Prime. However, they would sell very little Prime if they were honest.

So you don't know what you are doing and instead of learning how to do it you decide to trash an app that does allow you to do exactly what it says it does. If you had asked instead of throwing a fit and falsely slandering the devs, I would have been happy to tell you how, but I think I'll pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21