When using the Facebook app on my Note 4, I used to be able to click a link in my news feed and it would open up in what appeared to me to be the FB app itself. I would then be able to read the article I had opened and press the back button to return to the news feed. I must have clicked on something inadvertently because now when I click a link in the news feed the new window or page opens but nothing loads... Has anyone else experienced this? Or know how to fix this. Thanks for your help.
    11-11-2014 12:29 PM
    Open Facebook, tap the Menu button, then App Settings, and make sure "Always open links with external browser" is unchecked. If it's still a problem, try going to the App Manager, select Facebook, and Force Stop, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now try again.
    butterfly210 and o0Grinder0o like this.
    11-11-2014 04:08 PM
    Open Facebook, tap the Menu button, then App Settings, and make sure "Always open links with external browser" is unchecked. If it's still a problem, try going to the App Manager, select Facebook, and Force Stop, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now try again.
    Thank you for your response. I verified that "always open in external" was unchecked, even checked and unchecked for good measure, but this did not work. I then went in and Force Stopped and Clear Cache/Data and this proved to be successful.
    Thank you for your help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-11-2014 05:18 PM