Yahoo mail & Gmail 5.0 issue on Note 4

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I had setup my Yahoo account to be part of the new Gmail (5.0) so that all e-mails go into one App. and it worked for a few days. however today, I am getting a message that Gmail is not able to connect to yahoo mail. I removed the yahoo account from gmail and tried to add it again. Now it is saying that username/password is not correct. However when I go online via my computer and try to sign on to Yahoo mail with the same username/password I am able to connect. Anyone else having this issue?

I tried stopping the App and clearing the Cache of of the Gmail App, and restarting the phone; and that didn't help.

puiradu

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't have this issue but it seems if I delete the Bulk Mails in fact there are not deleted. Also I can't select multiple emails, all emails of once, at least in Bulk folder.

Postat de pe Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have this issue but it seems if I delete the Bulk Mails in fact there are not deleted. Also I can't select multiple emails, all emails of once, at least in Bulk folder.

Postat de pe Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

I hate that about Gmail---not being able to mass-delete. I posted that complaint on the google gmail forum yesterday. No one cares. :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
try clearing cache and data for gmail, STOP Gmail, and see if you can get yahoo login for gmail working again.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
try clearing cache and data for gmail, STOP Gmail, and see if you can get yahoo login for gmail working again.

That is what I did initially (as mentioned in my OP above) :) but I did it in the reverse order, i.e. STOP Gmail, then clear Cache. I just tried it in the order you mentioned. and I will see if that fixes it, as the error message seems to happen every so often. Thank you.

Update: That didn't work either.

Last edited:

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Sorry u are still have trouble.

I finally figured out what is going on. This seems to happen when I am connected to my work wifi (everything is fine when at home wifi or using Data). So the issue is that our work wifi is restricted for security reasons, and it blocks certain websites. Even ones like SiriusXm and until recently Youtube. So I am sure that when gmail is trying to communicate with yahoo using the work wifi, it is causing these issues, as it is not happening anywhere else, I'm just going to have to live with it I guess. Hope this helps someone else if that happens to them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae