03-08-2016 02:06 PM
50 12
tools
    Thinking of pulling the trigger on a new card to replace my 32 GB class 4 Sandisk but I've read phones don't take advantage of the really high speeds. I know I'll see a difference, just not sure it's worth the price jump from the Samsung EVO vs PRO. Can anyone clear this up?
    11-14-2014 04:41 PM
    Which brand??.....maybe ill check amazon and get it
    That is where I got mine. newest version too...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4054103
    Borgettano likes this.
    11-14-2014 05:52 PM
    I have a 64 gb Sandisk card that I had in my Note 2 without any problems, I am having problems with it in the Note 4, a lot of disconnects while trying to edit pics.

First I want to try formatting it in the Note 4 and if that doesn't work I will replace it but I have some questions about doing that.
    Do I copy all of my files onto the computer in a folder and then copy them back to the phone after the reformat? If so should I attach the phone to the computer via usb and do it that way or would it be better to just insert the card into a reader?
    11-29-2014 12:39 PM
    This is a great deal. Also any of the scandisc extreme and extreme plus card are great!

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Samsung...95?type=search
    11-29-2014 01:03 PM
    I have a 16 and it's working great

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-29-2014 01:15 PM
    I have a 64 gb Sandisk card that I had in my Note 2 without any problems, I am having problems with it in the Note 4, a lot of disconnects while trying to edit pics.

First I want to try formatting it in the Note 4 and if that doesn't work I will replace it but I have some questions about doing that.
    Do I copy all of my files onto the computer in a folder and then copy them back to the phone after the reformat? If so should I attach the phone to the computer via usb and do it that way or would it be better to just insert the card into a reader?
    I had the same problem with my 64GB SanDisk. This is how I fixed it. I took it out of my phone put it in the adopter that came with it, backup all my stuff to my computer. Then I formated it. Put back some of my stuff on the card. I have not had any problems since. It has been 2 weeks now without that message.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!
    11-29-2014 02:21 PM
    I plugged my phone into the computer and copied everything from the card to a folder then put another card into the phone and formatted it, and copied everything back. The phone is way way snappier and everything is working, I suspect that the card was unmounting and remounting much more that I realized and causing the phone to run slower than it would normally. The card I was using came out of my Note 2 and may be fine if reformatted, I'll try that another day though since I've spent too much time today already.
    11-29-2014 03:42 PM
    The SanDisks seem to have a lot of issues in Samsung devices.

I had a similar issue when I got my S4. My SanDisk card had been working fine in my S2, but it didn't like the S4 for some reason. Even after a reformat.

The Samsung 64GB card I bought then has been flawless ever since. I didn't even have to reformat to bring it over to the note 4.
    11-29-2014 03:45 PM
    Your Note 4 should support 128gb. I am having the same issue and found on another thread that others have had the same issue with Sandisk cards and gotten them replaced under warranty.
    02-25-2015 07:40 AM
    The SanDisks seem to have a lot of issues in Samsung devices.

I had a similar issue when I got my S4. My SanDisk card had been working fine in my S2, but it didn't like the S4 for some reason. Even after a reformat.

The Samsung 64GB card I bought then has been flawless ever since. I didn't even have to reformat to bring it over to the note 4.
    personally I buy a new sd card for every device and touch wood, have had no issues.
    02-25-2015 07:53 AM
    I had similar issues with my Adata 32mb micro sd. I was using it with my S4. I noticed that the syncing was getting worse i thought it was the software issue with Kies when i used it on my mac. It was slow and it would stall during the transfer. Then it finally die on me after one year of usage. I couldn't figure out why i even try to wipe it format with no luck. I read in forums for some reason with Samsung phones almost everyone was having issue with using other brands other than Samsung. So i picked up Samsung micro sd 64mb pro it was worth the purchase a little more expensive but works great! It's fast reads at 90mb and writes at 80mb. The bonus was the other features such as Waterproof, Temperature Proof, X-ray Proof and Magnetic Proof. Those are good features to have. So spend a little more and get the Samsung cards!
    02-25-2015 10:57 AM
    If people are buying those Sandsk cards off eBay, they are fakes. They look like the real thing but they arent. They break down over time and start having write issues. I went to best buy and bought a samsung 64gb for 35 bucks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-25-2015 11:20 AM
    personally I buy a new sd card for every device and touch wood <snip>
    Whatever you do in the privacy of your home is your business, but I don't think we all need to know about it...
    02-27-2015 06:01 AM
    I use the samsung 64 in my note and never had a problem
    02-27-2015 06:00 PM
    Whatever you do in the privacy of your home is your business, but I don't think we all need to know about it...
    Read the posts. Numerous users transfered their existing sd cards to new devices. I don't do that and have not had any issues with the SanDisk sd cards at all.
    02-28-2015 12:45 AM
    Read the posts. Numerous users transfered their existing sd cards to new devices. I don't do that and have not had any issues with the SanDisk sd cards at all.
    Eh, I was going to explain it but nevemind.. It was an esoteric joke that people either got or didn't.
    03-01-2015 06:18 PM
    Eh, I was going to explain it but nevemind.. It was an esoteric joke that people either got or didn't.
    Please do explain. I fail to see any humour here.
    03-01-2015 11:56 PM
    Please do explain. I fail to see any humour here.
    I'll send the explanation via private message.

And, on topic, I usually just buy a new SD card as well, but for me, the reason is that the bigger cards usually drop in price to the previous size I had in the old phone. For my Note 4, the Samsung 64GB card was 35 dollars, just a couple bucks more than the 32GB I'd gotten a couple years back. When I upgrade to the Note 6 (provided it has an SD card slot), the 128GB cards should be pretty cheap if the trend continues.
    03-02-2015 05:07 AM
    I had a Sandisk 64 go bad in my note 2 and then had problems with the replacement in my Note 4. Sandisk replaced it both times. I am not having a problem with it now but it doesn't get much usage since I now have a 128 gig in my Note 4. Had the same problem as the OP, mounting-unmounting constantly , wouldn't write files, couldn't delete files. Stuck it in the computer card reader same deal no delete files and no add files more than about 45 gig. 10 year warranty so they have a very long time to get it right.
    03-02-2015 08:22 PM
    Does the 10 year warranty count if you bought it off Amazon or directly through sandisk
    03-02-2015 11:35 PM
    Amazon is fine, that is where I picked my card up. I attached the Amazon receipt to a chat session with Sandisk to get the ball rolling the first return. They were happy, so was I. You still have to send the stupid little chip back to them. I could not erase the thing, even with a card reader on my computer so they has me snap the thing in half since it had sensitive data on it. Seemed like a big waste of time. Not as bad as sending back a $7.00 broken tempered glass screen protector to Supershieldz. Now that was real dumb. But they sent a new one so all is good here. LOL!
    03-03-2015 08:34 PM
    I called Sprint and they said I can use a 128 GB card. I also have the note 4.
    03-03-2015 09:15 PM
    I called Sprint and they said I can use a 128 GB card. I also have the note 4.
    I have about 65 or so gig on my 128 now with no problems at all. Just make sure to back it up often, but that goes without saying on all electronic devices.
    03-03-2015 11:05 PM
    I just sent mine in sandisk said they could replace mine hopefully this one works
    03-03-2015 11:20 PM
    I've the same problem with Sandisk sd chips. This has been the third time that I have requested a RMA from them. This is said that the product is not reliable. I bought the Samsung chip the same time and that I received the replacement in January and now it is March and I am returning it again for replacement.
    03-08-2016 02:06 PM
50 12