Micro SD Card Problems

Borgettano

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
ive had the Scandisk 64 in my galaxy s3 and it always said "sd card unexpectedly removed...preparing sd card".....now i have the same card in my Note 4 with same issues.....i had to restart my cell to see all the pics i had on my sd card...and have to do same now....why is this happening??......which sd card should i get to replace the one i have now?...samsung 64 pro??....thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unmount the card in Settings>Storage, remove it, and insert it into your computer's SD reader. Run chkdsk to see if there are any bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

Sandisk is generally pretty reliable--where did you buy yours, and how old is it? If you bought it online from an independent seller, it might be counterfeit--run SD Insight to check. If it's several years old, it might just be failing due to normal wear and tear--SD cards don't last forever.

If you got the card from a reputable seller and it isn't very old, you might consider contacting Sandisk and seeing if they can replace it.

briankstan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
You may have a bad micro SD card, do a google search on it and you'll find lots of cases, it seems there was a bad batch of the 64gb cards when they first cam out specific to the Scandisk 64gb ones. I also had one for my S3 that did that, I sent it to Scandisk and they replaced it for me free of charge. Hope that helps.

Borgettano

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I bought it roughly 1 1/2 - 2 years ago off of ebay.....I .just think I'm ready to get a new card because this has been giving me a lot of problem.....is the samsung pro 64 better??

briankstan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I purchased mine about that same time. You should have better luck with a new one. Why not hit them up and get it replaced especially if they will do it for free.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
ive had the Scandisk 64 in my galaxy s3 and it always said "sd card unexpectedly removed...preparing sd card".....now i have the same card in my Note 4 with same issues.....i had to restart my cell to see all the pics i had on my sd card...and have to do same now....why is this happening??......which sd card should i get to replace the one i have now?...samsung 64 pro??....thanks!

I am having the same issue but it still looks like the Micro sd is working. I used this sd Card in my GNote3 before bringing it over to my GNote4. Never had an issue with it in my GNote3.. I am Upgrading to the 128GB Microsd.

Borgettano

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue but it still looks like the Micro sd is working. I used this sd Card in my GNote3 before bringing it over to my GNote4. Never had an issue with it in my GNote3.. I am Upgrading to the 128GB Microsd.

I heard you can only use a 64GB In the Note 4....if i could go with a 128GB,I might as well

Eric Pr

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Get a MicroCenter card. They are cheap and very reliable. We use them in all the GoPro cameras in our drone program. I have never had one fail in my phones and my friends phones. Just waiting for a 128 GB version to come out. Based on current pricing, theirs should be around $69.

Most cards are from the same supplier. You are paying for packaging and advertising on name brand chips.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I heard you can only use a 64GB In the Note 4....if i could go with a 128GB,I might as well
I turned off my phone took out my SanDisk 64GB put it back in. For safe measure I pulled the battery put it back in put on the back turned it on and so far so good no more Unmounting message while saving to my SD card.

Borgettano

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok problem still occurring......im going to go buy a new 64GB....what are all the differences between these cards??.....Extreme/Plus/Pro?..... which is the better one?....or basically all the same?

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I had all kinds of problems with many different "brand-name" SD cards with my Note 3. I bought a Samsung-branded card and it's worked great (my wife now has that phone). I have a Samsung-branded SD for my Note 4 and so-far-so-good.

Not sure why the Samsung branded cards seem to work better, but others have commented on this as well.

Borgettano

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, I had all kinds of problems with many different "brand-name" SD cards with my Note 3. I bought a Samsung-branded card and it's worked great (my wife now has that phone). I have a Samsung-branded SD for my Note 4 and so-far-so-good.

Not sure why the Samsung branded cards seem to work better, but others have commented on this as well.

Any particular samsung? (EVO/PRO).... and 64 gb?

Borgettano

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hate being a pain in the *** and I appreciate the help.....so I think I'll get the 64gb Samsung PRO.... I read in a different thread that you can't put a 128GB in a Note 4.... Any idea if I can,cause if I can,ill get that instead of the 64gb,unless I can't go that big.....