Micro SD Card Problems

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Read the posts. Numerous users transfered their existing sd cards to new devices. I don't do that and have not had any issues with the SanDisk sd cards at all.

Eh, I was going to explain it but nevemind.. It was an esoteric joke that people either got or didn't.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Please do explain. I fail to see any humour here.

I'll send the explanation via private message.

And, on topic, I usually just buy a new SD card as well, but for me, the reason is that the bigger cards usually drop in price to the previous size I had in the old phone. For my Note 4, the Samsung 64GB card was 35 dollars, just a couple bucks more than the 32GB I'd gotten a couple years back. When I upgrade to the Note 6 (provided it has an SD card slot), the 128GB cards should be pretty cheap if the trend continues.

Last edited:

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I had a Sandisk 64 go bad in my note 2 and then had problems with the replacement in my Note 4. Sandisk replaced it both times. I am not having a problem with it now but it doesn't get much usage since I now have a 128 gig in my Note 4. Had the same problem as the OP, mounting-unmounting constantly , wouldn't write files, couldn't delete files. Stuck it in the computer card reader same deal no delete files and no add files more than about 45 gig. 10 year warranty so they have a very long time to get it right.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Amazon is fine, that is where I picked my card up. I attached the Amazon receipt to a chat session with Sandisk to get the ball rolling the first return. They were happy, so was I. You still have to send the stupid little chip back to them. I could not erase the thing, even with a card reader on my computer so they has me snap the thing in half since it had sensitive data on it. Seemed like a big waste of time. Not as bad as sending back a $7.00 broken tempered glass screen protector to Supershieldz. Now that was real dumb. But they sent a new one so all is good here. LOL!

Jim Murphy

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I've the same problem with Sandisk sd chips. This has been the third time that I have requested a RMA from them. This is said that the product is not reliable. I bought the Samsung chip the same time and that I received the replacement in January and now it is March and I am returning it again for replacement.:(:(