Removed SuperSU icon from screen, phone keeps restarting?

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
So earlier I changed the look of my SuperSU logo and then later on when I went to click on the old logo it said "SuperSU is not installed" or something to that degree so I went ahead and long pressed it and hit "remove" after I made sure the new logo was on my screen. Then I went ahead and restarted my phone and now whenever I try to turn my phone on it keeps restarting and gets stuck on the Sprint Spark screen. What is there to do now?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
One method That may work is boot into recovery and (power off, press & hold volume up, home & power key).

Wipe cache and dalvic cache.

No guarantees but this worked for me although a slightly different thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Another thing I found was odd was before I restarted the phone, I ran Root Checker and it said I did NOT have root access (but I am rooted), I tried wiping the cache and rebooting but same thing, tried the factory reset but it keeps restarting.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
No custom recovery that I am aware of..

Ok if you didn't flash a custom recovery then you have stock.

So don't panic your phone isn't a dud, but you will have to grab odin and flash the stock firmware for your specific variant.

I can't personally think of anything other than this process as you don't have Cwm or twrp.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Would it work if i tried to download the firmware for my phone from sammobile.com?

Sammobile are a great source for stock firmware, just aslong as it's specifically for your variant.

Then flash through odin and you'll have your Note 4 back :)

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Sammobile are a great source for stock firmware, just aslong as it's specifically for your variant.

Then flash through odin and you'll have your Note 4 back :)

Awesome thank you, is there any site that is faster? This is a 1.6GB file and going to take forever lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes